Motivate Me! How much weight loss in 9 months?

Options
Well, my birthday is in about 9 months and I'm determined to be in a sexy dress by then!

Please share your stories over a nine month period, including starting weight.

I'm looking forward to seeing what others acheived so I can use that to further push myeslf! :)

Replies

• nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on month 8 and I've list 53 pounds as of this morning! The scale actually fell below 200 this morning and I couldn't believe it! I've been eating better, drinking 12-18 glasses of water a day and doing Zumba and other cardio at least 4 days a week! You can do it too!!!
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    You can do this! I lost 63 pounds in 9 months, but I have gained a lot of muscle over that time period too since I work out every day, three days a week doing strength training with a trainer, and hard cardio (HR b/w 150-160 - about 85% of my max) for an hour every other day. My body fat has gone from 46% to 29% - a HUGE difference in body composition (still working on that - want to get down to 23%)- so focus on the results, not the scale and DO lift weights!

Make time - it only takes 1 hour a day and it will be the best use of an hour you will ever spend! and EAT MORE not LESS! especially on hard workout days.

Best of luck in reaching your goals.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow loser. About 40 lbs. for me.
  • sarahkraus1982
    sarahkraus1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 months in and 44 lbs down!
    SW 210.4lbs
    CW 166.0lbs
    GW 135.0lbs
    :drinker:
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    Thanks guys! I love hearing about others' losses to keep me motivated; the Success Stories is by far my most frequently viewed forum. Keep the stats coming. :)

I don't necessarily plan to be at my goal by my birthday as that would be about 10lbs a month, but I do hope to do the best I possibly can.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    In 4 months, I have lost 30lbs.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    In 9 months I have lost 78 lbs! Keep it up!!! You'll do GREAT!
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well, my birthday is in about 9 months and I'm determined to be in a sexy dress by then!

Please share your stories over a nine month period, including starting weight.

I'm looking forward to seeing what others achieved so I can use that to further push myself! :)

May 15, 2011 = 360 lbs.

February 15, 2012 = 202 lbs.

June 15, 2012 = 184 lbs.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • applesauce610
    Options
    Bump !!

I like this thread :-) You all are such an encouragement in your losses! Keep up your hard work :-)

My start weight is 216.5 and my goal weight is 145. I plan on reaching that by May/June of next year. So far I've said goodbye to 3.5 lbs! You can do it Mexi's mom!!!!
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    Bump !!

I like this thread :-) You all are such an encouragement in your losses! Keep up your hard work :-)

My start weight is 216.5 and my goal weight is 145. I plan on reaching that by May/June of next year. So far I've said goodbye to 3.5 lbs! You can do it Mexi's mom!!!!

• apedinger
    apedinger Posts: 57
    Options
    You can definitely do it!!

October 1st I weighed 275lbs

Today July 4th I weigh 214LBS

61LBS in 9 months, and to be honest, I really didn't crack down till the end of august, and didn't start using MFP until march...SO I can only imagine where I would be if I started hardcore earlier!! :D
  • Pinky1147
    Pinky1147 Posts: 105
    Options
    Awesome loses and dedication everyone!! I hope I have the same success!!! You all are inspirations!!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    4 months in and 52 pounds down.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I lost 30lbs in 12 months but that's really low for people I think. I half assed it and slacked off a lot. Now, I'm looking to lose about 40lbs in 5-6months. It's really do-able from what I've read and seen. Just have to eat right, foods low in carbs and fat and high in protein.
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This is week 21 for me. I'll have to let you know when I get to 9 months!
    Feb 9, 2012. 308.
    Today: 229

You can do it!

75down.jpg
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    This is my 8th month.

STARTING 325

CURRENT 252

GOAL 185

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE to you all! I am totally keeping this thread to help keep me motivated.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    My first 6 months I lost 50 pounds...then medical problems stalled me...But I am losing again! YAY!!!! lol
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    well done everyone :)
    my start weight was 245lb on 18 feb'12....i'm now 186lb
    59lb lost :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!