BREAKFAST HELP! -night before?

Options
SuperAmie
SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
Hi! I loooove breakfast and I have made time in the morning to always make something quick. I want to start working out in the morning so I need something quicker, and still yummy and balaned and clean!! Which takes work!

Can you help me with some ideas for breakfast that I can make the night before?? And put in the fridge and take it out, heat it up or just eat it. I eat pretty much everything lol... I really like having oatmeal with berries and eggwhites... but I cant do the egg part the night before can I?

Help me please!! I need ideas! lol.

And please dont say wake up earlier.. I already have to start getting up at 4:45am just so I can squeeze a workout in.

Thanks in advanced!!!!!!!

Replies

• subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled the night before can make a fast breakfast.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    smoothies. make a huge batch in the blender then store it in mason jars in the fridge.
  • alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i make clean egg muffins from oxygen.com

very easy to make a weeks worth of breakfast.

http://www.oxygenmag.com/Nutrition/Articles/Clean-Egg-Muffins.aspx
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I like the baked oatmeal recipe from SkinnyTaste.com. I usually double it and have used other combos for fruit, too. My kids prefer bananas and strawberries. It is good cold (or microwaved) with greek yogurt on top.

Have you made any frittatas our quiches before? They microwave well and are easy to prepare ahead.

My only other suggestion would be for our families camping egg recipe. You take your 'omelete' ingredients and put them in a quart size ziploc bag (include eggs, veggies, etc.) Then bring a pot with water to a boil. Then add your bag, and cook through. The great thing about this, is all the prep is done ahead and there is minimal time and cleanup.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    These are all fantastic ideas! Im lame when it comes to breakfast so this helped alot thanks everyone!!!!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I actually just scramble a couple of eggs in the microwave. It takes the same amount of time as it takes to make a cup of coffee but you have to pay attention.
    I'm not even pressed for time, I just don't want to clean a pan in the morning :)
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You could do overnight oats, it's oatmeal that "cooks" in the fridge. You prepare it the night before (you can do multiple servings, they keep some days in the fridge) and eat it cold the next morning.
    Or cut up some fruit, add some jogurt, keep it in the fridge and in the morning just add some healthy granola or cereal.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You could do overnight oats, it's oatmeal that "cooks" in the fridge. You prepare it the night before (you can do multiple servings, they keep some days in the fridge) and eat it cold the next morning.
    Or cut up some fruit, add some jogurt, keep it in the fridge and in the morning just add some healthy granola or cereal.
    the oatmeal idea is great I'm going to try that.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    bump