Down about 63 lbs, still going.

Options
I got up to about 285 a few years ago, mostly because I moved out of state for a few and had no friends while working as a pizza delivery driver. I ate free pizza, drank free soda and played World of Warcraft all night long without any exercise. I shot up from about 230 to 285. Everyone I roomed with was really skinny and had the impression that I was "strong" because I was fat and I suppose that got to my head because I acted like an absolute **** but my level of insecurity was extremely high, I just ignored it and made excuses as I always had.

The day I realized I just had to change was when I came home after being gone for about 6 months and everyone kept commenting how I got "bigger", not necessarily a "Hey! You got so buff" it was more like a "Wow...watcha been eating?". I was really embarrassed with myself because throughout high school I was in the ROTC and kept myself physically fit.

This realization I had didn't actually seem to do much though, as I tried workout after workout but never wanted to actually eat healthy. "Walk a few miles on tredmil....ah what the hell! to Wendy's I go!". Finally I had enough when I got in my bath after a long day and found I couldn't even fit in my tub. I remember this moment because I started laughing hysterically and seemingly had a moment of "crazy", but it worked. I got up, showered and went to my computer to figure things out.

My main source of motivation was the band Coheed and Cambria. I got into them and found that going to the gym or going for a run was an excuse to listen to their music. It was glorious, my body weight started shredding and I felt like Frankenstein's monster. I was alive again and I was on top of the world.

This leads me to where I am now. A college graduate with an interest in Law Enforcement and I've picked up a few bad eating habits again. I'm 6'0 and about 222 as of this morning. My doctor said recently that my ideal weight was probably in the 180 range, I was leaning more towards about 195 because I don't care if I'm ripped I just like feeling healthy. I've been applying for quite a few sponsorships for law enforcement academies and actually got a callback on one I'm extremely excited for but I want to make sure I'm completely ready both mentally and physically before I go through the process.

My highest weight: 285 Now: 222 Goal: 195

Heavy: http://i.imgur.com/eXaEC.png
Now: http://i.imgur.com/bXnF4.jpg

Replies

• alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck!
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow, good job!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Lookin good!
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    Great story :happy: And good for you!! Good luck on the rest of your journey. Sounds like you are well on your way :drinker:
  • C_Lopez
    C_Lopez Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow! You don't look like the same person. keep up the great work!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good job. 6' and 180??? That seems thin. I don;t understand docs at all sometimes. I think you are right about 195 at your height. Continue on your program. I'm aiming for 180 and I'm a 5'7" female!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Damn honey! What an amazing difference. From big to 'hey, how you doin'?' You look good!
  • sarinaturner
    sarinaturner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Gratz! That's awesome, it sounds like everything is kinda coming together for you!

Btw, I LOVE Coheed and Cambria - saw them live in Lexington when they opened for Linkin Park - it was awesome!
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Good job. 6' and 180??? That seems thin. I don;t understand docs at all sometimes. I think you are right about 195 at your height. Continue on your program. I'm aiming for 180 and I'm a 5'7" female!

180 isn't unreasonable at all, it depends on alot on frame. my husband is 6'0 and 160lbs, and is lean, but doesn't look underweight by any means.

oh, and Great work OP! Your doing amazing!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Amazing work OP!!! BTW Orange County is sponsoring, so if the call back is not from them, check them out.

Also to be competitive for OCSO last I heard I think you need to do the run in 14 minutes, so start practicing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!