Tons of Protein?

Options
awaters24
awaters24 Posts: 21 Member
Everyone keeps telling me to eat tons of protein & not to worry so much about the calories....is this true?!,....& if it is, what can i make that is high in potein?

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat tons but .8-1g of protein per pound of body weight is good, especially if youare active. You do still have to worry about the calories just protein cals are typically more filling. I eat a good amount of protein, this morning had 2 eggs and 6oz greek yogurt for breakfast. It's about 30g but thats just for breakfast. Lunch and dinner are usually more. You can check out my diary for ideas but the leaner the protein the better. Chicken, turkey, fish, greek yogurt, eggs all good sources of protein and should help keep you in your cal goal window.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Keeping it really basic:

If you are concerned about losing weight then you MUST watch the calories. The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in.

Protien is important because when you are on a caloric deficit you can potentially lose lean muscle mass as well as fat. A diet with plenty of protein in it will help to counter this.

Protein is one of the three macronutrients (the other two being carbs and fat) from which the majority of your daily calories are derived. If you are a normal, healthy adult with no health conditions that would require low protein, you are better off going over in protien than you are in carbs or fat.

Hope that helps.
  • awaters24
    awaters24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! :)