Burlesque

Options
I've lately been getting caught up again in the world of burlesque and man do I love it. The energy, costumes, and of course girls. i love it all. How about you?

Replies

• VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I would love to see a burlesque show in real life, not just tv and movies.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    My dance studio started offering burlesque a couple months ago. I love it. Our teacher sadly moved to LA though. Granted it's not "true" burlesque, I think I would be a little too self conscious for that. But it's really fun! Some of those women are amazing, no homo.
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    once i reach 199 im doing it. lol
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I would love to give it a go. I will check for classes I think :)
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love it...
  • titsnstuff
    titsnstuff Posts: 27
    Options
    A lot of posts over the night! I highly encourage everyone to check out a show in real life. They are a ton of fun! Most major cities have shows on a pretty regular basis.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    LOTS of my friends here in Boston do burlesque. I am not quite confident enough in myself to actually try, but boy, do I love watching it! There are even a few male burlesque troupes here, now THOSE are fun hehe. Pasties unite!!
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I do burlesque and it is a blast! We do more dancing and singing (and don't go down to pasties or less) and keep everyone laughing. Our troupe is non-profit, so a different charity gets a decent amount of money from us each quarter!
  • titsnstuff
    Options
    That's really cool MNchick! I have done a few performances but am really interested in the production side of shows. Hopefully one day I can produce a show.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've lately been getting caught up again in the world of burlesque and man do I love it. The energy, costumes, and of course girls. i love it all. How about you?

AMEN
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It's awesome! Took a few classes out here in Phoenix. There are a few documentaries on Netflix on Burlesque; one is based out of Seattle and follow a group of women who are taking an 8 week class and then perform on stage.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've gone to some small burlesque shows in San Francisco and Sydney. I always have an awesome time. The performers tend to range greatly in body type, so something for everyone.
  • ChelMar24
    ChelMar24 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love burlesque.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i would love to try it if a dance studio or whatever offered it.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to try out Burlesque dancing! I'm not really sure how many places around here offer them, or how expensive they are.

Do you think I could find online videos that would be good enough?
  • titsnstuff
    Options
    I know there are burlesque studios in Chicago, New York, and Seattle. There are a ton of DVDs from the greats about how to do burlesque. I am sure Jo Boobs, Indigo Blue, and Michelle L'amour have DVDs you can buy. Just try running a google search, or do go to a show and ask the performers how they learned.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I know there are burlesque studios in Chicago, New York, and Seattle. There are a ton of DVDs from the greats about how to do burlesque. I am sure Jo Boobs, Indigo Blue, and Michelle L'amour have DVDs you can buy. Just try running a google search, or do go to a show and ask the performers how they learned.
    I'll google those names later to check out the DVD's :) thank you!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have never been to a show, but I am pretty sure I would love it... and would probably love doing it too. 8)
  • tibicinadulcis
    Options
    Looks like I'm a couple months late on this thread, but I just started taking a burlesque class last week. I love it! So much fun :)
  • lobbyart
    lobbyart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know this topic is kind of stale, but I wanted to start a group for all of us who do/love burlesque... it's over here if you want in: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13440-burlesque

Thanks!