Heart rate monitor recommendation

Options
Hi!

I have been recommended the Polar FT40 women’s HRM by a friend. I have never owned one before and am excited at the potential of really maximising my workouts and fat burn.

I’ve looked at loads of online reviews but as I’m a newbie don’t actually know what I should be looking for in a good HRM...does anyone have any views or reviews on this monitor?

Perhaps you might recommend something different?

Thanks!
MrsFitz

Replies

• smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 in pink/tan. I love it so much I wear it as a regular watch as well. The size is not super huge and bulky like some other models.
    I like that it can store some workouts, and that it beeps when your out of range (but not constantly, til your back in range like one i previously owned) and easy to use and program
    Also the sensor device can be removed from the chest belt for easy washing. bonus right there.
    All in all it is one of the best models I've owned. (ive owned 3 in my life time) :)
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have the Epulse2 HRM & can't give it enough praise!!! It's the first strapless HRM & I love it . My husband has it also & loves it too!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT40 is a really good HRM. Comes with a chest strap, lets you know what zones you are in, and uses V02max.

I have the Polar FT60(one step up from the FT40) and the FT60 has an option for GPS tracking and has a training program.

Pretty much any Polar FT model will be a good HRM.. but their price differs depending on what features you want.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    I have the Sportline from Wal-Mart and it's done just fine for me :)
  • ragne90
    ragne90 Posts: 2
    Options
    Polar ft80 has been my exercisepartner for about a year now. It makes a trainingprogram especially for you. I absolutely love it!
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Polar FT40 is a really good HRM. Comes with a chest strap, lets you know what zones you are in, and uses V02max.

I have the Polar FT60(one step up from the FT40) and the FT60 has an option for GPS tracking and has a training program.

Pretty much any Polar FT model will be a good HRM.. but their price differs depending on what features you want.

****BUMP****

Thanks for the recommendation~

Elephantbutt.gif
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I just got my Polar FT4 from amazon for $55 and I love it. :)
  • thenewmrsfitz
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 in pink/tan. I love it so much I wear it as a regular watch as well. The size is not super huge and bulky like some other models.
    I like that it can store some workouts, and that it beeps when your out of range (but not constantly, til your back in range like one i previously owned) and easy to use and program
    Also the sensor device can be removed from the chest belt for easy washing. bonus right there.
    All in all it is one of the best models I've owned. (ive owned 3 in my life time) :)

Thanks EVERYONE for your input...seems the FT40 or FT60 seem the best bet will compare prices :)
  • thenewmrsfitz
    Options

So its turns out there is very little price difference between the 40 and the 60 - how do I decide... go for the 60 as its the most up to date model??
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4!!
    I absolutely love it!!
    It is very accurate....and on your birthday..it will have a picture of a cake with candles, and tell you Happy Birthday! So awesome!
    I wear mine all the time...cuz I never know when exercise will strike..lol!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    The FT60 is awesome, I love mine! I'd go for that! X
  • whitefang66
    whitefang66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    polar ft7
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 as well. It works well BUT you need to remember to wash it every 4-5 uses otherwise it goes all haywire on you. (washing it is easy)
  • scrapjones
    scrapjones Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a SUNTO brand HRM and LOVE it!!! It is perfect and I use it all the time. I can turn off all the sounds so it doesn't beep at me, my friends have other brands that just don't shut up! Mine has a chest strap and I'd recommend you get a model with a chest strap they will be much more accurate than those without.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin FT60 with foot pod! I love it!!!