What do you do for a living?

Replies

• JohnRalfeo
    JohnRalfeo Posts: 37 Member
    Residental and Global Corporate Relocation Realtor
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Wow some great careers listed on here! As for me I'm 28 and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. I've worked a variety of odd jobs from Admin assistant, personal assisting, etc..but once I gained a bunch of weight I was unable to work. As I get up there in age I feel like I'm running out of time to figure out what my "calling" is. Sometimes I feel like a total loser compared to my peers. My weight hindered me from going back to school so one of my main goals is once I get to a more comfortable weight I'll go back to college and actually finish. Currently I live at home and take care of my terminally ill Grandmother and focus on her and my weight loss journey. I partied hard when I was younger, and now I'm paying the price. I'm sure I'll be one of the oldest one's in college lol.

I doubt it. I went to University with several people in their 50s and 60s. You'll also notice once you decide on a path that it's much easier for you to avoid the drinking and partying pitfalls that will cause the younger ones to often drop out or have a low GPA.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    I'm the guy that drops the 1 piece of bacon in every can of baked beans.
    When I am feeling generous, I throw in 2. Your welcome!
  • I am a full time nanny for e year old twin boy.
  • lastchance8
    lastchance8 Posts: 1 Member
    I am a RN. :):happy:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Wow some great careers listed on here! As for me I'm 28 and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. I've worked a variety of odd jobs from Admin assistant, personal assisting, etc..but once I gained a bunch of weight I was unable to work. As I get up there in age I feel like I'm running out of time to figure out what my "calling" is. Sometimes I feel like a total loser compared to my peers. My weight hindered me from going back to school so one of my main goals is once I get to a more comfortable weight I'll go back to college and actually finish. Currently I live at home and take care of my terminally ill Grandmother and focus on her and my weight loss journey. I partied hard when I was younger, and now I'm paying the price. I'm sure I'll be one of the oldest one's in college lol.

I doubt it. I went to University with several people in their 50s and 60s. You'll also notice once you decide on a path that it's much easier for you to avoid the drinking and partying pitfalls that will cause the younger ones to often drop out or have a low GPA.

Thank you for that perspective, it is much appreciated. :)
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    I'm a REALTOR or Real Estate Agent, whichever you prefer to call it :)
  • legendary781
    legendary781 Posts: 62 Member
    Electrical Engineer
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    I'm an admin. assistant for a director, I do replacement as an executive assistant once in a while (for DG's and up).
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Baby catcher = Midwife :)
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Nurse Practitioner, in Urgent Care, a Free Clinic, and in the summer I do mobile clinics for Migrant Health. So much variety, every day and every patient is different, and I love every minute of it.

Freelance Web Design … been doing it forever (13 years) … right now, unfortunately, the contracts have run out. In the meantime, while I look for steady work, I am also looking into school possibly for some kind of major career / occupation change, maybe something medical related.

Might I recommend nursing? It's a great career. :)
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Grant writing! Just started my own company/freelancing.
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Correctional Officer
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Head cook and bottle washer!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    So many fab jobs on here

Part-time IELTS Administrator at a local college - basically I arrange and run a popular worldwide test for people who want to come into (or go out of) the country.

I enjoy my job and meet some lovely people but I'm in need of a career change where I can come home feeling I've actually made a difference to someone's life, but it needs to fit around my family too
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Administrative assistant - or a glorified secretary. It's not what I grew up wanting to do, but I actually enjoy it and it's quite high paying. It's paying all the bills, putting DH through grad school, and saving for a house.
  • lahstrand
    lahstrand Posts: 32 Member
    I work for a non-profit raising money for medical research...mainly cancer and alzheimers. I love it.

everyone has such interesting jobs!! I wish I had known more about what was out there when I was a kid. I thought "I'll be an actress or a teacher"
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Currently I am a full time mom to 4 boys. Before kids, I was a kindergarten teacher in SC. I have also worked at The Disney Store, (back in the days of sweaters and pleated skirts) and worked in the warrants division of the sheriff's office back home.

Oh yeah...and I was a librarian for awhile. Shhhh!
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Baby catcher = Midwife :)

I WANT TO DO THIS!!
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Rental Sales Agent for a hire car company.