Thinkin about Insanity or 30 Day Shred

Options
Since last December, I have been weight lifting. This summer, my home gym built an area designed like something you would find at a cross fit gym. With it, they started a free trial of use with a trainer. I love it - I love getting my butt kicked, and I love how I feel afterwards. I love the fact that there's not much in the way of using weights (other then chest presses.) It's all the use of your body's weight.

At the end of this month sadly, that free trial ends. I am not paying 300 dollars for a month for it, nor will I have use of that gym (going back to college.)

I have noticed several people talking about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, as well as Insanity. Which do you guys prefer? Do either use free weights?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Look also into Jillian Michaels Body Revution, Charlean Extreme, Tubojam and Turbofire and P90x. Thefe's loads of threads on here ( do a search) and also clips on YouTube
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is only about 25 minutes and you do 3 circuits with cardio, weights and abs. Unfortunately it works the same muscles over and over until you move to the next level. It is cheap and can be found easily. I am currently doing chalean extreme. It is 3 days of lifting and 2 days of cardio. I am really happy with it. So happy that I decided to become a beachbody coach and am moving on to TurboFire as soon as CLX is over. If you like lifting then you may really like CLX. She encourages you to lift heavy. If you have any questions, please feel free to private message me.
  • kahar12008
    Options
    I am doing Insanity. I'm on week 3 and love it. It's definitely a challenge but I love the fact that it is a different workout each day. I was doing a Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd for about a month before I moved into Insanity. It helped a lot with preping me for the intense cardio workouts in Insanity.
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    I love the turbo fire workouts.... makes you sweat like a beast and theres several dvds to help keep it fresh