Signed up for my first marathon.

Options
snusp
snusp Posts: 93 Member
It's in November, which means I still got time, but in two days now I completed 3/4 of a marathon distance (in total, not 3/4 each day) and this evening my legs feel very tired. So I am a bit worried right now. I guess I will have to run a lot of miles this summer... :-)

I finished my very first half marathon last year, which as actually very fun! I guess the full marathon will be more like.... ....pain... LOL.

Anyone else out there doing their first marathon this fall?

Replies

• Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Doing my first 5k on Labor Day(Nervous),not a full Marathon. Best wishes to you!
  • snusp
    Options
    Have fun doing it! I did a 5k last month. It's quite fun!
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    Signing up for a 10k. Have until October, yikes! Started training, but July 16 is the official start date. I will hopefully be able to run two miles by that date. I have a long way to go. Good luck on yours!
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do my first 5K today but I hurt my knee. So I'm moving my first 5K to Sept 22 with a Half-Marathon Dec 16th! Can't wait!!!!
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    It's in November, which means I still got time, but in two days now I completed 3/4 of a marathon distance (in total, not 3/4 each day) and this evening my legs feel very tired. So I am a bit worried right now. I guess I will have to run a lot of miles this summer... :-)

I finished my very first half marathon last year, which as actually very fun! I guess the full marathon will be more like.... ....pain... LOL.

Anyone else out there doing their first marathon this fall?

Just be aware of mile 18. You will have to use as much mental fitness as physical to fight through it. You have time just find a marathon training schedule and listen to your body. It will tell you when it needs a recovery day. Good luck!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    No full marathons on the horizon for this year (I have a half coming up in September) but I'm seriously considering a full next May (gives me lots of time to train).

Good luck on yours, do you have a training plan you're following yet?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first marathon in February as part of this thing called the "Austin Distance Challenge." The challenge is a series of races, a 10k, 10 miler, 2 half marathons, a 30k, then a marathon...I've done 3 half marathons, but I am NERVOUS about the 30k and marathon!

I've got time too, though, so I'm optimistic :smile: Good luck to you!
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I will be doing my second in November - but it feels like my first since I had a baby inbetween them :)

What race are you doing? Im doing Phili.
  • michellelynne474
    michellelynne474 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I signed up for my first triathlon (which I was informed the other day is only a sprint length) but I don't care... It is still quite an accomplishment for me and it is getting me moving every single day!!! Who knows what I will sign up for next :-)
  • snusp
    Options
    What race are you doing? Im doing Phili.

I've signes up for the big one! ING NYC Marathon! That's a thrill! Just have to do a lot of preparation runs this sommer and fall!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Im doing my first in October. :) Chicago! :)
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Did you have a problem getting into the ING NYC the first time? I heard its hard to get into ... I would LOVE to do this race next year!
  • snusp
    Options
    Did you have a problem getting into the ING NYC the first time? I heard its hard to get into ... I would LOVE to do this race next year!

I got the number from a travel agent who specializes in bringing runners everywhere, It's going to be so exciting!
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Im doing my first in October. :) Chicago! :)

Me too!
  • snusp
    Options
    I kinda always wanted to go to Chicago. I do not know why. Maybe I'll participate one day?
  • rachgolds
    rachgolds Posts: 75
    Options
    I want to do my first in October, but I'm a little scared I won't make it through the training...I'm gonna give it my all and I guess we'll see what happens!