go me- i ran!!

Options
Well for the first time ever I just went for a run...on my own...in public!!!

This may not sound like too much to anyone else but for years ive looked at people running past wishing i had the motivation to do that! or the self confidence/guts to be fair!

i had decided i was going to come back and tell the world how amazing it was...just me and my ipod...the stories you always hear from "fit" people, that WAS NOT the case!!! haha i didnt go very far, or fast, i look bright red, sweaty and gross, my legs are like jelly and my heart is pounding but who cares I DID it lol

Replies

• hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You should Be proud!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Way to goooo!!! Keep it up!
  • third_time_lucky
    third_time_lucky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thanks /:D
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Great job!!

I am the same as you! Even now when I have joined a running room I fear going out and running on my own!
  • kskalniak
    kskalniak Posts: 17
    Options
    You did it! Amazing and good for you!!!!
  • zammex
    zammex Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh my! thats great! im still not quite there yet but someday! thats one of my big goals. you did great!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I know the feeling! :drinker:
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Big pat on the back for you!!
  • SWiel84
    SWiel84 Posts: 43
    Options
    that's awesome, good for you!!!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    great job thats awesome, keep it up :)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Getting out there is half the battle. :)
  • lostropav
    lostropav Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep it up and the next times will be easier!
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. I want to be that fit person looking joyous on a run. I'm not. I keep plugging away at it tho. Different things change over time. For example, I used to have a splotchy red face when I was done running. I don't anymore. Circulation must have improved. I used to get overheated like a pot ready to boil, and unable to sweat enough to cool me down, making me dizzy. Now I really do sweat all over and better, so none of the dizziness I used to get from overheating; my body regulates my running temp better. Those two changes took months, but they give me hope that other changes can come too, and maybe someday I'll have that fit-with-boundless-energy run.
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    Love it!! Congratulations!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Well done! Huge achievement! X
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Well for the first time ever I just went for a run...on my own...in public!!!

This may not sound like too much to anyone else but for years ive looked at people running past wishing i had the motivation to do that! or the self confidence/guts to be fair!

i had decided i was going to come back and tell the world how amazing it was...just me and my ipod...the stories you always hear from "fit" people, that WAS NOT the case!!! haha i didnt go very far, or fast, i look bright red, sweaty and gross, my legs are like jelly and my heart is pounding but who cares I DID it lol

And you sound like you actually enjoyed it. Go forth and continue running! Find a group to continue running with and enjoy it more!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mrsgokev
    mrsgokev Posts: 20
    Options
    Good for you!! I've found that i have to put aside those feelings of "what will others think" and just get out there and try things.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    and that feeling right there, is why I keep running, I am always so proud of myself when I go longer or further!!!

Keep up the good work and keep posting your success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!