Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Plateau...a little help? Or helpful criticism?

Hello!

I've been stuck at the same weight for pretty much a month. I'm not sure what to do. I had all these goals set for the summer and they've gone out the window because the scale won't budge. So I've opened up my diary. The last few days haven't been the best because yesterday was my birthday. Please give me some helpful criticism or ideas? I'm tired of being on this plateau.

Replies

• I'm not an expert by any means, but it looks like you go over your sodium a lot... could you be retaining fluid because of this? It's frustrating not loosing when you're trying your hardest though :)
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    do u go under ur bmr alot? if so this is probably the cause of ur plateau
  • sluedu09
    sluedu09 Posts: 107 Member
    I've noticed this too. The last couple of days I've been eating out some, and even if I eat healthy, they pack so much sodium into everything. :( That could be it.
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Ive noticed that you go over sodium alot, i know that it has been your birthday etc but even a week ago you were close to the maximum. If this isn't a regular thing I wouldn't worry about it, but 7000mg is a lot of sodium so you could be retaining water :)

Also I reached a plateau just before Christmas. After not reeeally watching what I ate over xmas, I put on 5 pounds, and then lost 7 within a week, purely cos my body wasn't used to it. Your high calorie intake over your birthday may mess with your metabolism in a good way and you may notice now you start eating back to normal that the pounds will start coming off again :)
  • sluedu09
    Holy crap...I didn't realize I ate 7000 mg of sodium. Maybe this really is my issue...I look at it, but i guess not closely enough. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Have you been eating out s lot? I'm not familiar with a lot of the 'brands' your diary shows as I'm in the uk but I'd say you need to eat more at home and eat less processed food. Your diary has very little fresh fruit and veg, and you seem to eat just one proper meal some days.
  • sluedu09
    Dually noted. I haven't been eating the best I guess. My husband has been working a super amount of overtime and I don't see the point in cooking for just me...that's why you see the peanut butter and jelly and things like that.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    definitely check the sodium
    are you losing inches?

try cleaning out the sodium and if that doesnt work try eating at maintenance for 1 or 2 weeks then go back to calorie deficit. you can also try changing your macros for a week or 2

good luck!
  • paulaviki
    You could buy a load of fruit then chop it all up and chick it in a big bowl in the fridge. Then you can have a bowl of that after your PBJ or breakfast etc. I always have a bowl of melon, strawberries and blueberries in the fridge at the moment. It stops me going for 'bad' snacks. It's a quick way to add fruit into your diet! :)
  • sluedu09
    We have salad mix and pineapple in the fridge. I just ate a small salad and some pineapple. Having people point it out to you can be motivating. lol
  • paulaviki
    Ooh I love pineapple! Yum!
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Cut back on sodium for sure.

Also cut back on your carbs. When you eat carbs make sure they are low glycemic. Oatmeal will digest slow and keep you from spking blood sugar levels. Watch the sugar in fruits, some fruits are really high in sugar like pineapple, berries are better when you have a choice like black berries or rasberrie. Just tasting the fruit you can tell, if it is reall sweet, more sugar then the sour fruits.
  • sluedu09
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm putting my profile back on private now...I'm protective...lol.