Hey there!

Options
I just created this account and thought I'd stop in and say hi!

I've tried losing weight before but nothing never really seemed to work for me, and of course I have fallen for some more gimmicky diets like Atkins, and "all natural weight loss supplements" like Reservatrol, and of course they didn't work.

I just wondering if could get any tips on how to start.
I planning on working out at least 5 times a week and eating better (of course) but I'm a little stumped on where to start.

Any kind of help would be great! :)

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there !

Everyone has different opinions as to what works ..... here are my two cents .....

Ditch the junkfood & fastfood, as much as humanly possible
    Make good choices when eating ..... grilled & roasted foods might be better than fried anything
    Load up on veggies, which are delicious grilled, roasted, sauteed, and raw
    Read labels like crazy when shopping ..... ditch the chemistry books !
    Wean off sugary drinks, including soda & coffees ..... (but I swear diet soda gives you "diet-soda belly" ..... just ask my husband LOL)
    I've got mixed feelings about grains & dairy ..... love them, but I use them sparingly ......
    Drink some water every day
    Get some exercise as well

Since I've maintained a 40+ lbs loss for a few years, these tips work FOR ME ...... we each have to learn what works through trial & error ......

And I'm flexible ..... if I know I'm going to a ballgame, then my workout's even harder that day .... cuz for sure I'm having a hotdog with the works :drinker:

Best of luck to you & enjoy the journey !
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hi, there !

Everyone has different opinions as to what works ..... here are my two cents .....

Ditch the junkfood & fastfood, as much as humanly possible
    Make good choices when eating ..... grilled & roasted foods might be better than fried anything
    Load up on veggies, which are delicious grilled, roasted, sauteed, and raw
    Read labels like crazy when shopping ..... ditch the chemistry books !
    Wean off sugary drinks, including soda & coffees ..... (but I swear diet soda gives you "diet-soda belly" ..... just ask my husband LOL)
    I've got mixed feelings about grains & dairy ..... love them, but I use them sparingly ......
    Drink some water every day
    Get some exercise as well

Since I've maintained a 40+ lbs loss for a few years, these tips work FOR ME ...... we each have to learn what works through trial & error ......

And I'm flexible ..... if I know I'm going to a ballgame, then my workout's even harder that day .... cuz for sure I'm having a hotdog with the works :drinker:

Best of luck to you & enjoy the journey !

All of the above! =)
  • NewScotlandBlues
    Options
    Thanks so much!
    Thats really helpful :smile: