Hello! Looking for friends!

Options
Hello!

Just wanted to say hi and find some friends who would be willing to help and support me on my journey and I will do the same back too!

I am 23 and am looking to lose about 20kgs which I think is about 45lbs. I know it wont happen overnight, so far I've lost about 8kgs and hit a bit of a plateau, haven't lost any weight for about 3 weeks now :(

I have had weight issues most of my life and really find it hard to talk to my friends and family about it, I just feel very uncomfortable and some people make comments which I find difficult to take. Even when they're being supportive I struggle to accept their comments....

Basically hoping that being able to talk to people going through the whole journey of losing weight will help me get back on track and keep going.

Thanks

:)

Replies

• ticky321
    ticky321 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Chipmunkee,

I'm Julian and i'm from London UK and happy to add you and support you on your journey. I started on Monday so this is my 3rd day.
  • alexandreanichole
    Options
    HI Chipmunkee!

My name is Alex, I am 21, and I am from Indiana, United States. I'm new too and I also get those less than welcome comments from family that are hard to take face to face. I am more than happy to extend a hand and walk with you on this journey of loss and hopefully future gain as well! :bigsmile:
  • PandaBen94
    PandaBen94 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Chipmunkee!

My name is Ben, currently 17 (18 in 2 weeks!), and I'm from KL Malaysia but studying in St Andrews UK. Will be happy to add you as a friend and to support you on ur journey! :D
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hi may name is karen. im 32 with 2 young kids trying to shift this extra baby weight! please add me. the more friends the better! xx
  • Flan656
    Flan656 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Caroline, I've been on this for ages, but have only recently started taking things seriously, I'm 23, and looking to loose about 15lb, but I have a holiday coming up in a couple of weeks, scared!! :/
    Anyways, I'm always up for a new bud! :) x
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laura. I'm 19, from Chardon, Ohio. I am active every day on the site, looking to lose weight and get in shape for the upcoming rugby season. Feel free to add me :).
  • Roos2104
    Roos2104 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi, I'm Roos, 28 years old from the Netherlands. I started on the first of July, want to lose 10 kg. My first goal is to look better on my summer holiday in eight weeks. Feel free to add me! (anyone else is welcome to as well!)
  • minkey7
    minkey7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    heya, Im Minkey from Wales, UK - this is all new to me too so please add away :) Day 4 of diet, exercise and no smoking, with a view to running a half marathon in late September....minus the spare tyre to carry! Lets do this together!
    M <3
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hey there I am Nadia I can totally relate in what you are going through I think we all can. I use to weigh 350lbs and now I am at 180lbs and still pushing. My weight has always been an issue for me. You constantly need that support and motivation to keep you going. If I can do it I know you can if you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)
  • dllcpa
    dllcpa Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi-Please add me. The more friends, the better! Thank you for converting kg to lb. I have been on here since June. What has impacted me most is logging what I eat... Logging what I eat really makes me think twice when my sweet tooth wants to take over!! I am really amazed that the food database has had every food item in it that I have eaten so far!