Just Started post baby/long bed rest

Options
My name is Sarah. I have PCOS. After working really hard to get it in control, I lost 50 pounds 2 years ago and because my PCOS came into check I was suddenly very fertile and SURPRISE! I was pregnant with my fourth baby. She is a joy! I spent 6 months of bed rest with complications including hypertension, diabetes and preeclampsia. That has murdered my fitness level and helped me put back on 40 pounds. It is my goal to get the 40 pounds back off now. No more babies though, tubal ligation! ;)

Replies

• chikkenlikken
    chikkenlikken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah. Welcome to the site. I've only recently started using MFP on a daily basis. I had a daughter one year ago, and I also had preeclampsia and was on bedrest for several weeks. My experience was nowhere as complicated as yours, but I do have some understanding of what you went through. I'm still trying to get rid of those 50 lbs that I gained during pregnancy! Pregnancy (esp. a complicated one) can really wreak havoc on one's body! I"m here for support!
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and was on 6 months strict bedrest the last half of 2010. My baby is almost 20 months, and the weight has come off extremely slowly for me. I just wanted to say 'hi' and don't give up. (I need to take my own advice!) I have 20 to go before I feel like myself again! Congrats on losing the first time!