I was asked why I liked sharing and encouraging

icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
I think it is because I have experience too much in my life. I have learned that there is a whole world out there that needs to be explored. Life is too short and you need to live life to the fullest each and every day. Laugh a lot and make new friends, and remembering you can do what ever you set your mind to if you give it your all.
I am 37 years old, and up to about 5 years ago, I didn't care about tomorrow, let alone today. I had lost my father, a friend who was my sister I didn't have, lost a home due to the lovely loan officer that convinced us that an adjustable was the way, almost divorced, almost committed suicide, isolated myself from friends and family, drank a lot by myself. Hit a depression that was scary. One day my son looked at me and told me that he needed his mommy back. He wanted mommy to play with him and to love him. That day, I looked in the mirror and I looked at my son and opened my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was doing. I was letting my son down, I was killing myself, and I was just giving up. Went to the doctor and she gave me a prescription for depression, felt worst after two days of pills, dumped them in the toilet and went out side and walked for a long time thinking about what was important in life. Me, my family and everyday to come. Each morning I would get up and look in the mirror finding one thing new each day that I liked about myself. Got involved with my friends again and I guess you can say, I finally smelled the roses.
After going through all of that, I now think that I can say I understand a lot of the ups and downs of life. When we feel we can't, it is because we used the word CAN'T. If you think postitive everyday, no matter how badly you feel, you can find a reason to smile. You can find a way to make the day a better day. So when you feel you can't...look in the mirror and tell yourself you CAN. Look in that mirror and again say YOU CAN!! I still have days where I feel like I hit a brick wall, but I find something that gives me a boost...maybe call a friend and vent, get on here and vent, and then I feel better.
So again, just remember......YOU CAN DO IT:flowerforyou:

Replies

• icandoit
    I think it is because I have experience too much in my life. I have learned that there is a whole world out there that needs to be explored. Life is too short and you need to live life to the fullest each and every day. Laugh a lot and make new friends, and remembering you can do what ever you set your mind to if you give it your all.
    I am 37 years old, and up to about 5 years ago, I didn't care about tomorrow, let alone today. I had lost my father, a friend who was my sister I didn't have, lost a home due to the lovely loan officer that convinced us that an adjustable was the way, almost divorced, almost committed suicide, isolated myself from friends and family, drank a lot by myself. Hit a depression that was scary. One day my son looked at me and told me that he needed his mommy back. He wanted mommy to play with him and to love him. That day, I looked in the mirror and I looked at my son and opened my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was doing. I was letting my son down, I was killing myself, and I was just giving up. Went to the doctor and she gave me a prescription for depression, felt worst after two days of pills, dumped them in the toilet and went out side and walked for a long time thinking about what was important in life. Me, my family and everyday to come. Each morning I would get up and look in the mirror finding one thing new each day that I liked about myself. Got involved with my friends again and I guess you can say, I finally smelled the roses.
    After going through all of that, I now think that I can say I understand a lot of the ups and downs of life. When we feel we can't, it is because we used the word CAN'T. If you think postitive everyday, no matter how badly you feel, you can find a reason to smile. You can find a way to make the day a better day. So when you feel you can't...look in the mirror and tell yourself you CAN. Look in that mirror and again say YOU CAN!! I still have days where I feel like I hit a brick wall, but I find something that gives me a boost...maybe call a friend and vent, get on here and vent, and then I feel better.
    So again, just remember......YOU CAN DO IT:flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    You really are encouraging, your story sounds similar to mine, and for the most part I am happy now and have left the depression behind, they also had me on pills, which made me worse off, so I realized that I need to find happiness within myself. I still go through bouts for 3 or 4 days in a row, but only once in awhile, now everytime I read your positive posts, I will know that someday I will be able to put it all behind me, and find the positive in things. As you know when your in a slump it is extremely hard to come out of, but after reading what you have written, I know I can do it, and the next time I withdraw from life for a few days, I will really try to look at the good in my life, and remember how lucky I am. Thank you so much for this post!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    :flowerforyou: you rock Renee!!!:flowerforyou:

hugs and keep on keepin on girl!:heart:
    ali
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Renee,
    You have been an inspiration to me from the first time we heard from you. You just keep sharing all that information. You have kept me on track for months now. I read all your posts and appreciates all the funnies that you share with us. As a working girl, I don't ever have time to do the research and look up things, you have been a great help to me and others with extremely limted time.

You truly are a winner. You have been able to overcome all the adversity. People like you are ones that we need to look on as heros, not the ball players of the world. People like you keep us going daily.

THANK YOU!!!!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • proudmom
    proudmom Posts: 44 Member
    Yes I agree 100%, and remember can't never could do anything till he tried, then he changed his name to could!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Good for you!! Depression can be a hard thing to pull out of by yourself. That alone is a huge accomplishment :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: Thanks all:heart:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    I just love you Renee!

Thanks for sharing!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Wow, what a tear-jerker of a story! I'm so glad you're doing so much better. The world and this website is a much better place with you in it. Thanks for much for sharing with us. :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    I just love you Renee!

Thanks for sharing!

:heart: :heart:
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    :heart: You are such a good person, and a great inspiration! :heart:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Thanks for posting this!
    I'm slowly beginning to realize that happiness really is an option, and you can view yourself however you'd like to be portrayed. People notice. Though I'm only 20 years old, and I still have much to learn, I do feel like I have a lot of insight to myself. Self-reflection does wonders.

You are an amazing person, and your encouragement really does touch us.
  • maybeoneday
    maybeoneday Posts: 42
    itz nice haveing a strong friend like you
  • icandoit
    Thanks for posting this!
    I'm slowly beginning to realize that happiness really is an option, and you can view yourself however you'd like to be portrayed. People notice. Though I'm only 20 years old, and I still have much to learn, I do feel like I have a lot of insight to myself. Self-reflection does wonders.

You are an amazing person, and your encouragement really does touch us.

I am 37 and still learning everyday. I find out more and more about myself in the strangest ways!
    Just remember to love yourself and be yourself.
    And again, thank you all:heart:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Thanks for sharing. You are a great person!!!
    You Rock!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    Thanks for sharing. You are a great person!!!
    You Rock!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you Shari. You Rock too.:flowerforyou:
    Chat with you later
  • maybeoneday
    maybeoneday Posts: 42
    i think you are like icandoit no to many peoples wood tell all this thankx one more time for being a meember of this site and for standing up for peoples like me
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Pretty much sums it up. Thanks for all you guys do! :happy:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    It sounds like we've struggled with a lot of the same things. Once you've got past the depression and everything that goes with it, it definitely makes you have a whole new outlook on life. I truly appreciate your encouragment and I know others do too. You're awesome!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    :brokenheart: You go, Girl!
This discussion has been closed.