Hi. New to Myfitnesspal

Options
Hi, my name is Jen and I am totally new to myfitnesspal. Never used it before, but am very excited about what it offers. I am also excited and hopeful about meeting some people that I can travel with on this journey toward health.

I tend to do a lot of stuff to work on my heart and my mind. But I want to be sure that my body is also healthy. I have always been just about 20 lbs shy of my desired weight. Always missing the goal just enough to feel frustrated and a bit insecure. I would really love to know what it feels like to set a healthy goal and then HIT it and then MAINTAIN it! I think that would be a very self-rewarding feeling.

I do public speaking and teaching, so being in front of people makes me deeply desire more self confidence with my physical apperance. I want to feel good about how my clothes fit, especially when I am in front of a big crowd. I hope that myfitnesspal and this community can be a great new source to help me hit my goal.

Good luck to you in the next few days as mounds of food are displayed in their most seductive presentations. Yikes - this holiday season is gonna be challenging. But I am determined to make it through and to LOOSE, not gain weight!

Happy Thanksgiving! ;-)

Replies

• CinthyNair
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    Welcome to MFP. I am a soft skills trainer, and yes, I too face a crowd every other day during my training sessions with staff. I am working on loosing excess weight to have more self confidence in myself, and to be happy about my physical appearance. I have a lot to loose, but I am optimistic that finally, I have found the right motivator to keep me focused .... ME ... because I'm worth it :flowerforyou:
  • awinmac
    Options
    Welcome!

I joined too with about twenty pounds to lose. I have lost ten which is great.
    I am also not very well regimented all the time. I tend to exercise sporadically so this site has helped me a lot just to stay focused and maintain a routine that works, most of the time.

best wishes on your journey!
    cheers!
    -Amber
  • Tdenman
    Options
    Hi,
    My goal is to really change the way I am living. I have gained about 40 pounds since leaving college and am done with that life style. I am praying that this website will assist me in my objective to lose 70 pounds. It is a big goal but I know it is attainable if I set reasonable goals. Before I have lost a decent ammount of weight but since it wasn't a lifestyle shift the change was not permanant. So here we go!

Tim
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Welcome newbies, this place is awesome. I love it. I get so much support here it's great. I have a great group that I joined back in June who I am still with. Love them bunches. If you ever need anything come here, feeling down or discouraged come here. We're here to help each other and offer support. It's a great site and you'll love it. I wish you all nothing but the best of luck.