I started eating my bmr, including exercise cals and...

Options
I am LOSING!
I was a skeptic but not anymore. Losing weight and not hungry? I'm sold :)

Replies

• FAYESY84
    FAYESY84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's good to hear. I am eating my exercise calories and can't get over the feeling that I am doing it wrong! Have stayed away from the scales for a bit so hope they are kind to me in a few days! Well done on your success so far :-)
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    that is great to hear, well done!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Just curious....You are one of my MFP friends but I can't remember if you are in the EM2WL group...Sorry, my memory is shot at times...lol If you are not, you should take a look at it...It sounds like basically what you are doing....

And congrats on doing it the right way, IMHO....It's great to hear success stories of someone else eating more and still losing weight...I know I feel stronger and not hungry at all!!! Get it girl!! Well done!!! :happy:
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Yes - I recently joined the eat more to weigh less group - I haven't been active on it yet, but I'm lurking and learning :)
    I had lost a few pounds but was lacking in enough energy to do any exercise. So when I started eating more I realized I had the energy to exercise. I figure even if I am eating back those calories, in the end it is more important to have energy (while losing weight) than to be weak and lethargic. Now I have energy, feel more positive, am NOT hungry, and am still seeing 2 pound losses on the scale. Win x 4 :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! That is Awesome to hear!! I really love hearing success stories from people doing it the way that you are!! It is pretty great to be able to eat more, have more energy and still lose weight!!!

You ROCK!!! Keep on keeping on!!! :flowerforyou:
  • vesperpt
    vesperpt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I JUST started this myself! I felt super nervous about it but I've been eating at/just above bmr and eating back my exercise calories. My first week I gained 1.4 pounds, and I just weighed myself this morning after another week and two days, and surprise!!! Down 1.6 pounds!
    I'm beginning to believe what everyone has been telling me.

Are you going to stay eating BMR? Or try to bump it up a little bit?
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Yes - I recently joined the eat more to weigh less group - I haven't been active on it yet, but I'm lurking and learning :)
    I had lost a few pounds but was lacking in enough energy to do any exercise. So when I started eating more I realized I had the energy to exercise. I figure even if I am eating back those calories, in the end it is more important to have energy (while losing weight) than to be weak and lethargic. Now I have energy, feel more positive, am NOT hungry, and am still seeing 2 pound losses on the scale. Win x 4 :)

Good job. I'm curious what calorie level you were eating before when you were weak and hungry, and how long you gave it.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    Bump