Protein Pancakes, 195 calories per serving (celiac friendly)

Options
Hey everyone

A friend of mine just passed along this great recipe for protein pancakes. We have been eating them twice a week and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! They are celiac friendly so long as you can find wheat free oatmeal which shouldn't be too difficult.

1/3 oatmeal (rolled oats)
1/3 egg whites
1/3 cottage cheese
splash of vanilla

This makes 3 small/medium pancakes

They are a little tricky to work with so make sure they are cooked through before you flip them and flip them gently. This will help them not to splatter ;)

We eat them with 1/4 cup of plain greek low fat yogurt, strawberries and bananas. Super yummy! (You have to add the extra calories on for the yogurt etc, but I eat this with two slices of turkey bacon also and it's just over 300 calories for the whole thing).

Let me know if you guys try it out and like it. I find I am WAY more full after these for longer but not in that ugh way.

Replies

• MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds good!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    those sound fantastic! I'm always looking for a good protein breakfast!
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What rolled oats do you use? I have Bob's Red Mill wheat free rolled oats and they are 190 calories for 1/2 cup.
    I'm looking for a lower calorie option.
    Thank-you!
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I love pan cakes and I have a number of recipes....this is the first I've seen using rolled oats as the main ingredient!
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yum .. thanks for sharing.
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    bump
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump sounds yummy
  • kelmconrad
    Options
    Hey i actually use the Glutina Wheat Free Plain Oatmeal. THe oats in the package are JUST rolled oats. :)
  • kelmconrad
    Options
    Oh sheesh and by 1/3 I mean a third of a cup each of those ingredients. Sorry. I just realized I didn't say that.
  • my365challenge
    my365challenge Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    can't WAIT to try these!! thank you SO MUCH for the recipe!!!! xoxo
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    another GREAT alternative to this recipe is to use Greek Yogurt rather than cottage cheese.
    I also add a dash of cinnamon to mine!
  • imannalouise
    Options
    Just want to add that most oatmeal is already gluten-free, just make sure the only ingredient is "rolled oats". You don't have to buy fancy oatmeal to have it gluten-free :)
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump!