What to eat at 4:00 AM?

Options
I like to work out/go to the gym before work in the morning. I am not very hungry at that time but I have to eat before I work out. Any ideas for quick breakfast that will prep me for my workout? I am trying to get away from cereal -- Special K/Krave .... This week I've been eating 1 tbsp of peanut butter on wheat bread. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Eggo waffles lol. They are the only thing that is quick and I can eat before a workout and not get sick :p
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    lol, thats what I do too. You could eat a fruit maybe? A banana or apple? how much are you looking to eat?
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I'm doing a fitness bootcamp and get up at 4:30 a.m. to get ready and eat breakfast. I eat 1/4 c to 1/2 c rolled oats with blueberries and whey protein in it. It seems to do the trick for me! To make it easier I buy snack size ziploc bags and portion out a weeks worth of cinnamon,whey and oats in them (or put it in a bowl measured the night before) that way when i wake up i just add some water and fresh blueberries and toss it in the microwave while I get ready to go. I'm all about prep work!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Should be something high in protien. Greek yogurt is high in protien and low in sugar. That's what I eat, well I eat it everyday anyways so I guess it doesn't really matter.
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    oats and fruits, also great.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll have to try that. I just wanted other ideas besides PB on toast. I don't like oatmeal. I wish I did! I'll have to mix it up with fruit but I can't take something too sweet. I'm trying not to be picky but I guess that I am. lol
    I am not a morning person but it's the best time to work out :)
  • aplusgeek
    aplusgeek Posts: 49
    Options
    I like to work out/go to the gym before work in the morning. I am not very hungry at that time but I have to eat before I work out. Any ideas for quick breakfast that will prep me for my workout? I am trying to get away from cereal -- Special K/Krave .... This week I've been eating 1 tbsp of peanut butter on wheat bread. Any other suggestions?

Make a whey protein shake with berries and skim milk. It'll keep you full longer than other stuff and is great for you health wise. And you can take it with you on the go. You can also add oats to it for some extra slow digesting carbs to fuel your workout.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I drink a smoothie on my way to the gym. Protein powder blended with water, spinach and frozen fruit. Simple and packed with 6 servings of fruit and veggies all at once!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Almonds and string cheese
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Nutella on a piece of 12 grain toast!!! SO GOOD!!!!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about needing to eat before a work-out. I've been quite bad lately and the last couple of early gym sessions I have just had milky coffee, but if I was running I would have a banana and some porridge (but then would also need a good 2 hours digestion time).

Milk and a banana or something small would be good. Experiment and find what suits you best. xx
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    I don't get up that early but i make a smoothie of bananas, frozen berries, flax seeds and almond milk, it's delish and keeps me going til lunch for only about 350 cals.