p90X- How to chart?

Options
Hello! I am very new to this site and very out of shape. 250 lbs and 5'7". I just started the p90x tapes today- doing the Lean set. I did the Core Synergisics (it kicked my but...) and when I came on her to log the work out couldn't figure out how to do it. Do ya'll enter it as aerobics, general for 1 hour?

Thank you for your help!- Violet

Replies

• greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm not positive but I think most people wear a heart rate moniter and then just plug in the calories they burned and label them as the P90X workout they did
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    First, P90X is hard. If you're just starting out, modify as needed. Especially early on. Don't over-do it. It's a 90-day program, but hopefully your fitness endeavor isn't just for 90 days. So no need to injure yourself. Second, P90X will yield results. May not be as quickly as you like when it comes to the scale, but take other measurements too. You're going to burn fat and build muscle so your body may shrink a bit even if the scale doesn't. Third, good luck to you. You'll get a lot of support here if you need it.

As greggags2 said, I have a hear rate monitor and just log the calories burned under aerobic exercise. However, heart rate monitors don't accurately calculate the calories burned for weight training exercises. They could be off by as much as 35%. So I usually multiply the HRM calories by 0.65 and log that for those type of P90X exercises. For Plyo, or Cardio, or Kenpo, I log what the HRM calculates.

If you don't have a HRM, check out the link below to approximate your calories burned for P90X.

http://p90xcalories.com/
  • clpete06
    clpete06 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you so much!