dairy and soy free - need help

Options
Hi, I am going around in circles on the net looking for products that contain no dairy or soy. Its driving me insane. Does anyone know of any good websites that have lists of supermarket foods.

I found a good website from the ALLERGY UNIT, ROYAL PRINCE ALFRED HOSPITAL that has a list of nut, milk and nuts in heaps of supermarket foods. Google "Allergy Free Shopping List - Sydney South West Area Health Service" for the pdf. This is a great help but doesn't include soy, so I emailed them asking if they had one for soy.

Would appreciate any help or recipe sites (even though I'm not much of a cook). I could handle dairy only but the soy as well is making it alot harder.

Thanks, Jane

Replies

• samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Add wheat, and eggs and you would have our house. Cook from scratch and eat plain food is all I can suggest.
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    Have you tried Silk PureAlmond, all natural almond milk. It is lactose and dairy free. 60 calories per cup.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    that is tough. My boyfriends grandson was just put on a dairy free diet and he is only 4 . poor kid. was not soooo bad though we shopped around especially places like trader joes or whole foods and found things he can have to replace the others...
  • wesse
    wesse Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Jane,

My two year old daughter is dairy and soy intolerant. I agree it is very hard to find any lists or figure out what foods are fee of both.
    Most breads have soy flour in them - sourdough bread is soy and dairy free. There is a brand "ancient grains' who do a D/S free spelt bread too.

Nuttelex margarine is D/S free, sakata 'plain' rice crackers, rice thins, corn cruskits, sorbets are all dairy/soy free too.

Be careful of ingredient labels - as nonhydrolysed emulsifers and lectithin are soy products. Here is a link that might help with labels http://kidshealth.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/fact-sheets/soy-free-diet

good luck!
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    Thanks all. Wesse, I knew about Nuttelex margarine, but the rice crackers are a bonus. Going to the shops now for food as 99% of what I have in the kitchen is no good.