speedy recipes

Options
breathefire
breathefire Posts: 35 Member
So I'm going off to university in a couple of months and I know all the basic cooking skills, but I can't find any quick and nutritious recipe websites (or just recipes in general) that would be helpful in combating against the pesky freshman fifteen everyone always complains about. I've creeped through a couple of forums on here but most of the recipes I find take a while to make, or are too complicated, and I'm assuming I won't have that much time to focus on cooking. I don't mind plain food.
Any links or recipes or whatnot are appreciated :)

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light website has a quick section. I have seen books at bookstore for college students and cooking but I don't remember any names. I personally like 5 ingredient or less cookbooks too bc you know that will be quick. If any bookstore near you go look other then that Cookinglight.com
  • MrsPodaski
    MrsPodaski Posts: 34
    Options
    www.hungrygirl.com and skinnytaste.com are my two favorite. Good Luck.:flowerforyou:
  • breathefire
    breathefire Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    thanks guys~
  • sugargrovefarm
    Options
    One I found on Pinterest that is perfect and only 200 calories (depending on if you use brown sugar or stevia) is a microwave muffin in a coffee cup. I tried it this morning with strawberries that I needed to use up and I love it! It is sweeter that way.
    1/4 cup quick oats
    1 egg
    handful of blueberries
    bit of brown sugar/stevia
    1 tbsp milk
    Mix it all up into a coffee mug. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute (make sure it doesn’t overflow). Add an extra 30 sec if it needs to firm up.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had this for lunch today ( make the cous cous the night before) its amazing

DIVINE Recipe: (out my head)
    50g cous cous ( dry weight) cooked and cooled
    60g tuna
    1/4 med avo
    3 med gerkins
    coriander to taste
    salt
    cayene pepper

Made a delish lunch!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Check out "Pinterest" tons of ideas on there!