When should I weigh in and I don't have patience :(

Options
First of all when should I weigh in? Every 2 days, 3 days, a week, 2 weeks???

secondly, I end up doing lots of excercise during the day etc but when i get home i feel so hungry that I just eat one thing and then think **** it i need to eat all of it!!! so i thought maybe im eating too little so i changed my goal so that i went from 1300 calories a day to about 1900... but the thing is, i wanna lose weight fast, before the end of summer..! like 10lbs in 3 or 4 weeks before i go on holiday and stuff... it's so frustrating because i'm only a bit overweight as in I don't look it to others but i'm just finding it hard to lose these final lbs :( any tips??

thanks in advance!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself should be a once per week-type deal. And even then, the scale is still not accurate no matter what.

You are 19 according to your profile?

You are still growing... what is your current weight and how tall are you?

If you only have a little to lose, I would suggest go for toning at this point, and strength training...
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Im no pro at this - but i think it should be every 2 weeks - a month because youll get more and more obssesive about the number onthe scale and it will affect your motivation etc
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hundreds and hundreds of thrreads on this.....there is only one answer....whatever works for you. Experiment with different intervals and choose the one you're most comfortable with. For some, like me, it's daily, for others it's much longer and some don't bother at all they just go by their measurements.

The choice is yours!
  • kaskade
    kaskade Posts: 7
    Options
    Weighing yourself should be a once per week-type deal. And even then, the scale is still not accurate no matter what.

You are 19 according to your profile?

You are still growing... what is your current weight and how tall are you?

If you only have a little to lose, I would suggest go for toning at this point, and strength training...
    Yeah im 19, though i've been this height for a while now haha... my current weight is around 186 and im aiming for around 175/170...

so how do i go about toning? i do about 150 pressups every 2 days and go to the gym regularly but mostly only do cardio... should i do a bit of both??
  • kaskade
    kaskade Posts: 7
    Options
    Im no pro at this - but i think it should be every 2 weeks - a month because youll get more and more obssesive about the number onthe scale and it will affect your motivation etc

yeah I used to do it every other day ! and find it would fluctuate... i probably do about a week and as i get less and less obsessed i'll move it to 2 weeks :)
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on a Sunday morning before I eat anything and without a scrap of clothing :)
  • kerryannediet
    kerryannediet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on a Sunday morning before I eat anything and without a scrap of clothing :)
    Same here, i weigh Monday mornings, thats the day i started using MFP
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you go to the gym ask for a trainer to go through some weights and strength training for you, that way whilst you are losing weight (slowly, but surely.. it's always the best way) you will be getting muscle definition, so you will have a nicer shape once your little bit of flab over the top has gone.

I would say 1800 cals + eating all of your exercise cals should be fine hun...

As for weighing, pah I wish I could do just once a week. Need to be hypnotised not to step on them I think lol.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    @OP : Yeah i did too and it drove me crazy!! Im trying to do every 2 weeks so i dont pull my hair out haha. Goodluck! :wink: