Football Season is right around the corner....

Options
124»

Replies

• jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Seriously?! Three pages in and I'm the first to say it? Y'all are hanging on the wrong side of the Bay when it comes to football.

RAIDER NATION REPRESENT!

:smokin:
    Lol, not according to the Warriors and A's!!!! They want to leave too! 9ers Baby!

San Francisco is my favorite city in the whole world, andI can't stand Oakland the city...but I'll live and die a Raider fan. lol
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The Detroit Lions will finally win their 1st Super Bowl
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    houston-texans.gif
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options

. . . says the headlines from a newspaper in the year 2076.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    They'll need a reliable RB first.....................

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    houston-texans.gif
    They may not be able to win a championship unless McMahon pays for it...................

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Seriously?! Three pages in and I'm the first to say it? Y'all are hanging on the wrong side of the Bay when it comes to football.

RAIDER NATION REPRESENT!

:smokin:

raider's game are fun and the tickets are still relatively cheap (coming from someone who lived in NFC East land where you needed a loan to get a ticket) I just moved to the area and I'm OK with supporting the raiders , but Eagles are always my first love.

NCAA I go with Bearcats
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Notre Dame first above anything else

Then NFC North teams. Mostly Detroit, and Chicago
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about football....but its another post about American football...the game where they use their HANDS all the time

Apparently, you missed the 49ers return game in the playoffs last year. (runs for cover)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :happy: Flame away, I'm a Browns fan.)
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    What a tease! I ran around the corner and there wasn't football.
  • mazasmusings
    mazasmusings Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You know, regardless of what soccer snobs might want to tell you, "soccer" is actually an acceptable term for the game. It isn't an Americanized name. In fact, it originated in Great Britain. In 1863, a group of teams decided to label themselves "Association Football" so as to distinguish themselves from other sports like rugby football. During that time period people would put "er" at the end of nicknames very often, so association football players became known as assoccers and later soccers and from there the game was commonly known for some time as soccer football.
    We never said that soccer isn't acceptable term. What we don't understand is that how does a game that uses mainly hands became known as "football"?

Most likely because it is more similar to rugby, a game that also uses hands, which was originally known as rugby football. When it came about, it was first just known as american football
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old would agree with you he's a die hard Eagles fan....I may agree with you depending on what my Skins do

At least you raised your child right! :)

Long time Eagles fan, and season ticket holder. Toughest part of my fitness journey will be the Sunday tailgates. It will only be one day per week, right?

Funny story. As Eagles fans, my family detests the Cowboys. My son plays high school football and his team attended a football camp at Princeton University. This was on June 16th, the day before Father's Day. Turns out it was the Jason Garrett Football Camp. The Cowboys coach brought his staff along with players Jason Witten, Austin Myles, Sean Lee, & DeMarcus Ware. When my son got home that night, he walks over to me, laughing like crazy, hands me a baseball cap and says, "Happy Father's Day!" I look at it, and it's a Cowboys cap signed by the above mentioned. Asked him if he wants it for a memento of the camp because otherwise, it's going in the trash!
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    DETROIT LIONS!!! MICHIGAN WOLVERINES!!! GOTTA DIG FOOTBALL!!!
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    WHO DEY!!!!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old would agree with you he's a die hard Eagles fan....I may agree with you depending on what my Skins do

At least you raised your child right! :)

Why would you want him to raise his kid to be an A$$hat? The only redeeming thing about Eagles fans are that they are not Cowboys fans.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and poke fun, it's okay...

Go Chiefs!

Yes, I said it.... One of these days, they'll have a good season and make me proud. but then, I might be dead by that point....
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    No worries I am a lions fan. their history is much worse.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    bustedtees.663e50c5-8487-415b-9c79-5ac30b0b.gif