My 16 year old Sons Success! Proud mom has to share!

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
Jake and I started going to the Gym on DEC 29th of last year. He has lost 53 pounds and his body fat went from 28% to 12.5% ! here are his pictures :
100_3759-Copy.jpg

AlecJakeThanksgiving2009.jpg

That is my oldest son in the picture too.

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Options
    ok those pictures are GIANT! sorry about that!

since the new change on here with the add on the side, I cant do it side by side anymore without it cutting half of the pic off. anyone know a way around it that would be great!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    No problem with the pic size--it is a GIANT accomplishment!!!:drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great accomplishment!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

since the new change on here with the add on the side, I cant do it side by side anymore without it cutting half of the pic off. anyone know a way around it that would be great!

Wow, that's sooo great! Congratulations to him! :flowerforyou:
    I wish I could get MY son to lose some weight. I worry so much about him, since he's WAY overweight. But, he doesn't want me harping at him when he visits, and I don't want to hurt his feelings, so I don't say anything. I just mention how I'M doing with MFP, and hope that one of these days, he'll take the hint and decide to give it a try too, since he knows how much happier and healthier I am these days. :happy:
  • Tamishumate
    Options

He enjoys it, He loves going to the gym and eating the right foods, He does he best all week, but when he hangs out with his friends he tends to eat like them, but he is wise to it, and then goes to the gym for two hours to burn some off. I was lucky that all I had to say is Do you want to go to the gym with me, he was thrilled to join me! we watch the biggest loser together, that helps him too.
    Good luck with your son!

Wow, that's sooo great! Congratulations to him! :flowerforyou:
    I wish I could get MY son to lose some weight. I worry so much about him, since he's WAY overweight. But, he doesn't want me harping at him when he visits, and I don't want to hurt his feelings, so I don't say anything. I just mention how I'M doing with MFP, and hope that one of these days, he'll take the hint and decide to give it a try too, since he knows how much happier and healthier I am these days. :happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!! He looks great. What a great self-esteem booster, especially in those awkward teenage years. And what an awesome mom you are for setting such a fabulous example!

I had my 9-year-old daughter go with me to a Zumba class yesterday. She's your average active child now, but we are always talking about serving sizes and calories in, calories out with health in mind, as my mother was a "take speed to get skinny" kind of gal, warping this once young girls mind. Apparently it is sinking in, because the other day, I noticed a growth spurt in her and her pants drooping on her butt and said she was getting skinny. She looked at me and said in a disgusted voice "No I am NOT skinny, Mommy. I look very healthy." I guess I'm doing something right.

Keep up your great job! It's encouraging.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: He looks great!!! :drinker: And congratulations to you too!! You look amazing!!! What a great way to spend time with your family. :flowerforyou:
  • genma1987
    genma1987 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome! What a change! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful accomplishment! You have been the perfect example for your son. Big hug!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    congratulations to you and your son!! outstanding job! Keep living the healthy lifestyle and keep achieving your goals.:)
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations son & mother!!! wonder life changing accomplishment
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congrats to you for being such a good role model for your son and congrats to him for getting control of this at such a young age! :flowerforyou:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow - he looks great!!! I bet he feels great, too!!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    So fantastic he could do this at a young age & realize the importance of a healthy lifestyle now rather than later & especially before he heads of for college! what a great role model he has for a mom!! Keep up the great work!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Thats so great! He looks awesome. As a high school teacher it is great to see a teenager taking his weight seriously and a parent who is encouraging him to be healthy.

All I see at school is kids who eat so badly and don't care at all about what they are eating. Nutrition is something that most kids these days arn't learning about at home. Whats healthy, How much is healthy, Why its so important to be healthy...
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You have been a great teacher!! He is so handsome. You must be so proud.:wink::wink: :wink:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Just Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    You have been a great teacher!! He is so handsome. You must be so proud.:wink::wink: :wink:

We really have done this together, The whole year has been he and I . We watch the biggest loser every week together too ( I love the bonding time, haha) I of course go to the gym alot more than he does, but he is 16 and I am 39, I have to work harder, lol Also the big buff older brother has been a huge help to the both of us, Alec, the older one, has lost and kept off 75 pounds , he is working on converting everything to muscle. So lots of good examples going on in this house for all of us! In fact when I had slowed down with weight loss in September I went to the oldest and talked to him about it, he told me what to do , and I lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks! ( I have slowed down again, so Its time for another talk again! :laugh: )
    I am so glad he has learned all this now, makes for an easier life!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you. I wish my daughter would have healthier eating habits. She has really gained weight since she has been living on her own. I was hoping that my weight loss would inspire her.
  • healthworks
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Congratulations to you both!!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!