Lbs to start dropping again

I have been hovering around the same weight for some time now even though I have been working out since April. I have dropped about 7lbs with fluctuation and I feel like I have been eating healthy. Now I have been dropping inches which is great but I would like some of the weight to start coming off again.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Don't get hung up on the scale. Keep taking your measurements weekly. I hit a time that I did not lose weight for 2 months but was losing a 1/2 in to an inch a week. The scale does not always tell the whole story. Just keep doing what you are doing. I would rather lose inches than weight! :happy:
  • Open your food diary and we will be able to tell you more. :)
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    You are like my weight loss twin :smile:

The first month I dropped 7 lbs.... since then (4 weeks ago) I have lost NO weight but have still been working out and eating pretty well. ... what the frick is going on??!!
  • spearson288
    spearson288 Posts: 55 Member
    how do I do that?
  • spearson288
    Open your food diary and we will be able to tell you more. :)

Just opened it
  • Ok By no means am I an expert...But I will tell you what my opinion is based on what my doctors have told me. By looking at your dairy there are days where you are no where close to getting enough calories for your day. I saw days with 800 calories and some even fewer. That is a huge bad thing. then other days I see you are about where you should be calorie wise BUT bad choices for those calories. Carbs is what gets me personally...and most women i know. I still eat a ton of carbs every day but they are in the form of fruits and veggies, not pizza and funnel cakes. Also put your sodium intake on there too...that can make up to 10 POUNDS of water weight stay with you. for me the key to keep those carbs and sodium under control is to eat cleaner. I am not saying or pushing you to do this...i am a firm believer that every one has to find their own way for this to work and stick...but maybe instead of a funnel cake maybe wait till you get home and have some angle food cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream:) less calories, less carbs, and less sodium. Like I said just my opinion...but I really do think if you just made a few better choices each day and made sure you ate enough you would see the scale move faster and more consistently.
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    I was in the same boat, so, I changed my workout times, meaning I went from a pm work out to an early am. Then I started losing weight again. Someone told me that your body gets into a rhythm so I decided to change the rhythm. Prehaps its psychological but, it worked for me.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I had similar issues - set at 1200 calories a day, exercising regularly, and lost a few pounds, then it stalled. I agree with the previous poster that you're not eating enough, especially on the days you're netting below 1200 calories (assuming you are logging everything and your diary is accurate).

I upped my calorie intake, continued exercising, eating healthy foods, and eating back exercise calories, some days all of them some not, depending on how hungry I was. and the fat & inches started coming off again. You can't expect your body to keep functioning properly, exercising and burning things efficiently if you don't fuel it well. We've always been told to eat less and exercise more - yeah, that works for a bit, but the body adjusts to the lower intake with a higher demand for energy, and it starts slowing down, metabsolism slows eventually, and fat just sits there.

Check out the group here at MFP called Eat More to Weigh Less: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less

There's a ton of information there and a bunch of folks eating well above 1200 calories a day and LOSING weight. It worked for me. I am eating around 1800 calories or more, I'm 5' 8", exercising regularly, and I'm losing the fat. It took a few weeks of higher calories for my body to adjust, and then the weight just started coming off again.

Also read this post from a member here about getting your calories right for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Again, heaps of info there, and kinda like drinking from a fire hose sometimes when trying to wrap your head around all this info, but it works! Check it out.
  • Leesa808
    Leesa808 Posts: 40 Member
    I haven't had any weight loss in almost 4 weeks either!!! I was doing so good and then all of a sudden it just stopped and stays around the same few pounds, and I know there's weight to come off. Could we all be consuming not enough calories although I don't fully understand that. and could a morning workout help? I'm so frustrated, Thanks for posting this!!! I'll be checking back as well.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Check out this post if you get a chance: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580019-the-scale-is-a-lying-torture-device-i-m-proof?hl=scale+liar

Sometimes you just need to ignore the scale.
  • spearson288
    Thanks everyone!!

Also in my defense the day of the funnel cake and pizza I was at wonderland!! LOL But I do understand and will take a look at the posts, you have have just reiterated what I already thought but just wanted to make sure.

Thank you again!