4th of July was challenging

Options
Well, my daily diary calorie count reads -192. I've been really good about having it be close to zero. It was hard, with company. And yet I ate 1/3 of what I normally would with the stress of entertaining. And tried to make good choices. Tomorrow I start with a clean slate. Let's not feel guilty about today. OK?

Replies

• Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Well, my daily diary calorie count reads -192. I've been really good about having it be close to zero. It was hard, with company. And yet I ate 1/3 of what I normally would with the stress of entertaining. And tried to make good choices. Tomorrow I start with a clean slate. Let's not feel guilty about today. OK?

I finished the day in the GREEN but I ate more than I intended and made some bad choices. I agree, it was the 4th after all. Thursday will be a new day. My first weekly weigh in is Sunday so I will try to focus on a good weigh in.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My lunch alone was 3/4 of my daily calorie goal, silly picnics! :laugh: But it will not deter me, I already jumped right back on the wagon!
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All week has been challenging, and today I was over -700 on calories. I was quite depressed at first, but I just keep remembering: it's only one week, and tomorrow is a new day with new opportunities for better choices. So I'm with you: no guilt over something that can't be changed now... just eagerness to start out better tomorrow! :)
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Today was a huge challenge for me. My 6 year old niece kept bring by the brownies and goodies and would get so upset when we didn't take the, Not to mention all the fried food staring me down. Tomorrow I'll just get back out there.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Nope no guilty feelings over here.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Mine was a puny 905 over :drinker:
    Call it an early "free day".
    No matter - LIFE IS TO BE LIVED!
  • Blueeyed1985
    Blueeyed1985 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was feeling guilty, but feeling hopeful about getting back on track tomorrow!!
  • JondaC
    JondaC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A clean slate tomorrow sounds like a good plan to me! I too, was over my calorie goal (by 90 calories). I ate much less than I normally would, however, and I managed to work in a mile walk. So all in all, I'm counting today a success!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    979 over. ;-/ the beers and desserts got me. oops!

back on it!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The 1st lady was on the Biggest Loser last season and she said something that made
    so much sense to me "If you do it right 90% of the time the other 10% doesn't matter.
    It was one day...a holiday known for relaxing, cooking out and hanging with friends
    and family. We enjoyed the day now it's time to get back to business!
  • kennacoconut
    kennacoconut Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Man this makes me wanna cry! Yesterday I was 200 over and later realized 2 foods I forgot to add... I was up until midnight jogging in my front yard and doing jumping jacks. Yesterday I felt the most disgusting I had in my whole life.

Today I'm afraid to add all mwy foods... I am over my limit but still sooooo hungry because my calories came from junk that isn't filling.

I want to weigh 140 by my boyfriends family reunion. It seems impossivle.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I had popcorn and chocolate at the movies tonight, which threw me way into the read. SO I am not going to weigh myself tomorrow like normal, breathe, eat healthy and try to get to the gym. Starting fresh, but enjoyed the 4th! Moderation is key I need to remember!!
  • mluxo91
    mluxo91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well until I ate 602 calories of watermelon - before that I still had 90 calories left. >.< sigh. I tried to exercise a lot before all the food and fireworks, but then my bike seat broke only 1.5 miles in. I'll have to be on damage control tomorrow.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Didn't log any exercise today but walking for nearly 2-3 hours without logging it. I went 50 over. No sweat though. I know I burned some extra to take care of it! :D

Edit to add:
    I bought a footlong sub from subway today and took it with us to our 4th activities. Plus packed a CLIF bar. That helped!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well until I ate 602 calories of watermelon - before that I still had 90 calories left. >.< sigh. I tried to exercise a lot before all the food and fireworks, but then my bike seat broke only 1.5 miles in. I'll have to be on damage control tomorrow.

Watermelon is like 8 calories an ounce. How in the world did you eat 75 ounces of watermelon? That is over 4 1/2 lbs of watermelon. Are you sure your math is right?
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's a new day and I'm back on track starting the minute I woke up. No guilt about yesterday. And we had extra cookies which I just brought in to work so they wouldn't be in the house. Just have to stay away from the staff lunch table. :wink:
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    as the previous poster said, i don't think you could get 600 calories if you ate a whole watermelon.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was spiked watermelon? You know, cut a round hole, shove in a liquor bottle and let it absorb... Or maybe he just really really loves some watermelon?! and he as a case of the trots today!
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had to come home and get in my pool at 10:30 at night and do an hour of water aerobics. LOL.

However, I was pleasantly surprised with myself yesterday. I went to my mom's with full intentions of not giving a crap and pigging out on some awesome cheeseburgers, pasta salads, foods in mass quantities, etc. I made it through about a half cup of pasta salad and one cheeseburger on flat bread before I was full! The soda is what got me....and the cupcake. :wink:

I was kinda bummed that I didn't get to the pork chops or baked beans. :ohwell: