Fourth of July

Options
I know everyone here is not American, so its not going to apply to some, but Did anyone else completely blow your eating on the fourth? I know I did. I ate more crap yesterday than i had in months... Luckily I had a super light breakfast and managed to get in a nice long walk before our festivities. So I still came in under or very near my calorie goals. , but man... I feel like crap today. I had a club sandwich for lunch with a small order of fries. A hamburger for dinner, no fries. and a FUNNEL CAKE! but no complaints here, Ill just work it off in the gym today. Anyone else do the same thing?

Replies

• jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I ate TERRIBLE yesterday, and I feel TERRIBLE today! Isn't it funny how our bodies adjust to our lifestyles? Last year it wouldn't have even bothered me! I plan on drinking lots water today and running this afternoon. Hopefully I'll feel better tonight. :sick:
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I ate TERRIBLE yesterday, and I feel TERRIBLE today! Isn't it funny how our bodies adjust to our lifestyles? Last year it wouldn't have even bothered me! I plan on drinking lots water today and running this afternoon. Hopefully I'll feel better tonight. :sick:

Same here.. I woke up with indigestion, a terrible headache ( I didnt drink any alcohol.) my skin just felt greasy... I dont regret it, i had a blast with my family, but man I am paying for it today. But yes, you do adjust to you lifestyle... Healthy in, and healthy out... Crap in, and well you get the idea.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I ate nothing but ice cream, chips and probably a quarter of my protein requirement yesterday. ><

So bad.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Same here.. I woke up with indigestion, a terrible headache ( I didnt drink any alcohol.) my skin just felt greasy... I dont regret it, i had a blast with my family, but man I am paying for it today. But yes, you do adjust to you lifestyle... Healthy in, and healthy out... Crap in, and well you get the idea.
    Hahahahaha! Yes I do!!
  • GiGi0004
    GiGi0004 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I ate bad and was over my calories. Today is a new day and I will eat healthier.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I started out the day really well since today's usually my weigh in day and I wanted to see good results. Ate light, went out for a nice run/walk... Then hubby comes home and tells me we've got a party to go to (planned last minute, not his fault) and since it was hot out, I drank WAY too much. Then since I had a nice buzz on, pizza and wings sounded like a good idea for dinner. Should've taken my own previously used advice and partnered some of the alcohol with a big bottle of water...oh well, it was fun and I'm back to the battlefield today.
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was horrible. And I paid for it with 4 overnight trips to the bathroom. Looking forward to feeling a whole lot better today and getting this greasy taste out of my mouth!!! Disgusting!
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Agreed. We had breakfast burritos in the morning, and then I had a hamburger patty, boiled shrimp, corn on the cob, and worst---fried hushpuppies... I havent had anything that greasy in awhile andI only ate one hushpuppy but MAN did it upset my stomach.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Haha I told myself over and over again before I left my house to go to my dad's cookout, I am not going to eat like a little piggy. Yeah..... That flew out the window... It still was a great day with the family and I am back on the healthy wagon today. I hope ya'll enjoyed your fourth!
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    i'm canadian, but we had canada day on july 1st so i know the feeling... if i hadnt gone for a 4 hour hike that morning i would have been over my cals in beer alone, not to mention the bbq and cake... a year ago i wouldnt have even thought twice about it but man did a feel like crap the next day! just gotta work hard, stay on track and move on.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I ate awful yesterday, and I feel awful today. I wouldn't even know where to begin logging, but I'm aware of what I ate and why the scale is up today. I've been doing really well, but yesterday I managed to eat a pizza, brats, chips, loads of beer, brownies, pasta salads, pulled pork, etc. I am very uncomfortable today.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I was doing so good until I got to our friends pool. I had worked out, ate a light lunch. Got to our friends' pool and we started drinking. It was SO hot outside, the drinks went down like water. Thankfully we played with the kids in the pool, but I woke up with a wee headache. I started to log my dinner and gave up. I know I killed my calories. Drinking water like a mo'fo' today.

Thankfully one day of indiscretion won't hurt ya!
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I actually did well, spent the whole day on the boat swimming and tubing, so anything bad I did eat which was only a hamburger for lunch and pasta for dinner replaced all the cals I burned during the day.
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Omg my stomach is still having it's revenge! I didn't have internet on my phone at the lake house so I couldn't add anything I'm trying to guesstimate but I know it was terrible. Honestly though I don't even regret it. Everything was so good and we had such a good time, for the first time in 80 days I didn't obsess over everything I put in my mouth! Back to normal the rest of the week. 1 day is not a big deal!
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Omg my stomach is still having it's revenge! I didn't have internet on my phone at the lake house so I couldn't add anything I'm trying to guesstimate but I know it was terrible. Honestly though I don't even regret it. Everything was so good and we had such a good time, for the first time in 80 days I didn't obsess over everything I put in my mouth! Back to normal the rest of the week. 1 day is not a big deal!

I agree with this. Sometimes family and spending good time is more important. Personally I think that as long as you don't kid your self, don't cheat yourself, and work hard throughout the week, if you want to indulge every now and again, I think that's ok... Use Moderation of course. I mean, anytime you go off plan, you slow down your progress, but if you want a day to be lazy and eat steak and potatoes so be it. Just make sure that after you eat it, you are back on the wagon and running hard...

Do not let that one indulgence day, become a week..... If you know what i mean,.