Calorie help!

Options
LT90x
LT90x Posts: 18 Member
Okay so I've read about BMR and eat more to loose more and what not and I am left confused.

Basically I have PCOS and I am tried to eat as recommended to help ease my condition.

As a result I have set my calories to 1500 a day. Today I ate 1452 and did 20 minutes of zumba causing me to net only 1008 calories. I know, I know you're all going to say you must eat at least 1200 but I am not so sure.

I am eating 5/6 meals a day and I am never hungry. I feel like I would be eating just for the sake of it and I am unsure what affect this would have on my body as I am eating to help stabilise my blood sugars.

In your opinion...

Do I eat or no?

Replies

• jeanniebspurs
    jeanniebspurs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i only eat my exercise cals back if im hungry if im not i dont :smile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    i only eat my exercise cals back if im hungry if im not i dont :smile:

I had never thought of eating exercise calories with this in mind. But, it does make sense.
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Same here. I never almost ever go over my normal count for calories and I spend about 1700-2200. I have quite a bit to eat back if I was to eat all my used calories back. I know I probably should but I don't think I physically can hold all that lol. So I only eat a few back. Like yesterday I ate almost 1600 calories but its ok cause I worked off about 2100.
  • Kristy713ckm
    Kristy713ckm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Here's an interesting link shared with me about "eating my calories":

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/index2.html
  • ToyahAvonSlimmingworld
    Options
    this is something that interests me too! i've been doing my own head in for the last few weeks worrying about bmr's, tdee's, calories, exercise calories....lol! xx
  • ToyahAvonSlimmingworld
    Options
    plus my weight losses are sooooo slow & small ;-(
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I don't generally eat back my exercise calories, I'm never usually hungry after a walk, thirsty yes, but hungry no.. I still believe if your body is really needing nourishment after a large burn you will know it.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    It depends on what you are eating. Maybe substitute in healthy fatty foods like nuts and avocados for 1 snack. The advantage is that fatty foods are generally higher in calories AND good for you.