Just have to tell somebody!

Options
tessaeve
tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
One year ago today I stepped on a scale for the first time in a long time and was shocked to see my weight had reached 216 lbs. wow! I had no idea! This morning I weighed in at 175.8 lbs. A 40lb weight loss. I didn't join MFP until April with a starting weight of 194 lbs. Thanks MFP, I'm on my way to a healthy body weight. Another related success is that according to my BMI, I am no longer obese (such a nasty sounding word) I'm now classified as overweight.

High weight 216 lbs 7/5/11
MFP starting weight 194 lbs 4/16/12
Today's weight 175.8 lbs
Goal weight 145 lbs
Height 5' 5"
Age 44

Looking to add a few more friends with similiar goals. Feel free to add me if you want. At this point I'm trying to stick to the pre-set 1200 calories because it is working and trying to use the zig-zag method with calorie intake.

Replies

• lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Wtg!!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    awesome job!:)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    That is terrific! I bet you feel amazing! Very well done!
  • korngrl
    korngrl Posts: 8
    Options
    Great job!
  • ocukor1
    ocukor1 Posts: 66
    Options
    That is an amazing weight loss in a short time. Pretty good.
  • lvlygrrl
    lvlygrrl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Good for you. And girl, don't just tell "somebody," tell everybody!! :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • kidral97
    kidral97 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!
  • kaigausista
    kaigausista Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    wow amazing... good for you! very inspiring!
  • sheilahoff5
    Options
    Hooray! That is awesome! I can tell that you are proud of yourself and that is such a GREAT feeling! Keep up your hard work and I commend you for your realistic goals :) Feel free to friend me if you wish, I stopped and now started again, but I'm back on track and always happy to have MFP friends to support and to support me too!
  • kale_powered
    kale_powered Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, awesome job!
  • bethmillerwilson
    bethmillerwilson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    GREAT work!
  • Linda1725
    Linda1725 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Keep it up! It really is true that "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." You are well on your way! :smile:
  • teekee2
    teekee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's great!
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! We are the same height. What is your age? You can add me if you like. I already reached my first goal, then changed it up. It is tough when you get close, but it can be done!!! WAY TO GO!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I hoep I can make that much progress in the next year. I have been her awhile but haven't made much progress recently. I am 215 now and so ready to move to the overwqeight catagory.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hey add me!!!! i am at 178 working toward the same goal weight!!! Love to be friends!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!