Im BACK!!! and really need motivation

Options
I finally logged back into MFP... I was so disciplined in the beginning.. then I just got 'busy' .. work stresses!!! I kept putting off exercise and I kept saying Il log back into MFP tomorrow.. I'l be good tomorrow..

*sigh*

ITS SO HARD TO STAY MOTIVATED!!!

To all the people who have been here for a long time or have finally made it to there ideal weight..

HOW DID YOU DO IT OR HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN THE MOTIVATION!!!

Ive come back tonight and I changed my goals to the lowest amount of weight loss as I think i will ease myself back into this...

BUT BOY IS IT HARD GETTING BACK.. AND I REALLY NEED TO START EXERCISING AGAIN!!!

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I did really great, but today I had to re-adjust my ticker to show I had gained the weight back. I started back to work and everything went downhill from there. I barely have time to sleep, how am I supposed to have time for all the other stuff too?
  • christykowen
    Options
    As you know this weight loss thing is like an Olympic Event. It takes mental and physical, support So itis no surprise when life drags your concentration away for a bit. Here are some things that help me for motivation. I buy clothes that fit and look good. Not crazy all out wardrobe but an absolutely fantastic pair of jeans, and when I drop a size I know I am going to buy a pair that fits perfect again. Then I give the old ones away. I am currently into a size 8 jean and started in 16s. I will be a size 6 before this is all through. Secondly I have a goal date which has an attached event. You know I want to look my best. Lastly I got myself involved with a group of women that are also losing weight from my church. These women are everywhere and we all need the same kind of encouragement, well anyway I am embarassed to go to these "meetings" without making some type of progress. It has kept me thinking of my health anf making it a priority even as the walls of life crash in on me. Hang on and jump back in with 2 feet.
  • LauraKate
    Options
    Hi Jaymie - i reached my goal weight in September after a year....i think one of the biggest things that kept me motivated was thinking of myself being able to fit into my cute clothes again. everytime i wanted to cheat or not workout or something, i'd just picture in my head being able to wear a really cute outfit - and that did it for me!!! not to say it wasn't frustrating sometimes, but i always tell my friends who want to lose - it just depends how bad you want it! i made it priority for me and the weight came off... being disciplined gets easier after you do it for a week, then two weeks...i find maintainign now is way harder than losing, there's even less incentive since you're already "there". good luck!!! :D
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. Nothing comes easy in life! its true no pain no gain!

I took some time off work and pampered myself with a nice massage yesturday. Feels nice to treat yourself once in a while.

Im back to work again today and the stress levels are still sky high. Im dying for a nice big piece of cake. But NO! I won't

Im thinking im going to have to log this into MFP!!!!... thats the beauty of this site. Its holds me accountable for what I put into my body.

So Im refraining from sweets and Im going to log in every bite!!! every little step helps eh

:smile: