Best Bathroom Scale?

Options
I need to buy a new bathroom scale. I've had bad luck with these types of scales. I find them unreliable and they always seem to weigh me 2 lbs lighter than the doctor's scale. So...does anyone have a good bathroom scale to recommend? How about the ones that calculate % body fat?

Replies

• LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump! Would like to know, too! We have 2 different ones and can't get the same reading ever!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    To the OP, that 2 pound variance between your home and the doctor's office could be clothing and/or waste/food/water in your body. It doesn't mean your scale is wrong...

To the other poster - I have no advice except to say, pick one scale and just use that one. It's possible that one of them needs to be calibrated. If you can do that yourself, find something you know the weight of (like a 5 pound dumbell) and use that to check how accurate the scale is and then adjust it.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    To the OP, that 2 pound variance between your home and the doctor's office could be clothing and/or waste/food/water in your body. It doesn't mean your scale is wrong...

To the other poster - I have no advice except to say, pick one scale and just use that one. It's possible that one of them needs to be calibrated. If you can do that yourself, find something you know the weight of (like a 5 pound dumbell) and use that to check how accurate the scale is and then adjust it.

Not to mention different times of day.

And I use Health O Meter from Walmart. It's pretty accurate and not expensive. Before I purchased one i was going to curves and having them weigh me and I asked the lady where they purchased theirs and she said Walmart, so off I went. I love it.
  • acr0bat
    acr0bat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use these: Salter Stainless Steel Body Analyser Scale http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8313892/c_1/1|category_root|Health+and+personal+care|14418350/c_2/2|14418350|Health+monitors+and+aids|14418375/c_3/3|cat_14418375|Scales|14418376.htm

Whether they are 100% accurate I don't know for sure. I did benchmark them against a set of "normal" digital scales I already had. The weight was ok. I also checked the weight of something on my luggage scales and then these Salter ones and they panned out the same.

Agree with above - stick with one scale. That way even if it's only 99% accurate it;s 99% accurate all the time.
  • akadah
    akadah Posts: 3
    Options
    I purchased a weight watchers scale at Wal-Mart it’s pretty accurate …
  • irisia99
    irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The last bathroom scale I had varied by 2 lbs within 5 minutes. I never felt like I could believe what it said. 2 pounds is a big variance! I had been using a physician's scale for a while and it so reliable. I've never been able to trust bathroom scales.