Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Actually, I was not perfect.
    I was fat.
    F.A.T.
    F is for "fatal"
    A is for "Awful"
    T is for "terrible"
    And I had to detest that fat in order to shrug it off and out of my life.
    Being dissatisfied with what needs improvement is what motivates people to reach potential.
    If everything is unicorns and rainbows, why bother even trying?
  • jaimesuefit
    Options
    Perfect timing. Thanks!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    How did you know that all of us needed to read that! Just another reason I love this
    site. Thank you thank you! wink:
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    a BIG thumbs up!!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    There's one thing I hate: The fact that I used to be able to ride a bike hard for 4 hours, and still had energy to spare. Now I can barely make up 4 flights to stairs without breathing heavy. My clothes don't fit well any longer, and all my best looking attire is hanging in my closet collecting dust.

I'm gotten big, and my health has gone downhill.

So what are you saying? I should love my fat gut because it's a part of me? I'm sorry, but if I were to accept that, and love it, then I would just get fatter, my health would suffer, and my quality of life (not to mention the length of it) would continue to get worse.

It's good and all to like who you are. In fact, if you don't, then what would be the point of living? I love my personality, my intelligence, my charm, but when it comes to my health, body, and physical fitness, I could be doing a hell of a lot better.
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    Stop being unhappy with yourself. You are perfect. stop wishing you looked like someone else or wishing people liked you as much as someone else. Stop trying to get attention from those who hurt you. Stop hating your body, your face, your personality, your quirks. Love them. Without those things you wouldn't be you, and why would you want to be anyone else? Be confident with who you are. Smile, it'll draw people in. If anyone hates on you because you are happy with yourself then you stick your middle finger in the air and say screw it. My happiness will not depend on others anymore. I am happy because i am me, and 'me' is pretty amazing :)

My friend sent me this and it kinda changed the way I thought a bit... just though others deserved to feel as good as I did when someone showed it to me

Thank you for sharing, made me stop and think and I AM HAPPY TO BE ME
  • Manderator
    Manderator Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Man did I ever need this today!!! Thank you for sharing! :D
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    There's one thing I hate: The fact that I used to be able to ride a bike hard for 4 hours, and still had energy to spare. Now I can barely make up 4 flights to stairs without breathing heavy. My clothes don't fit well any longer, and all my best looking attire is hanging in my closet collecting dust.

So what are you saying? I should love my fat gut because it's a part of me? I'm sorry, but if I were to accept that, and love it, then I would just get fatter, my health would suffer, and my quality of life (not to mention the length of it) would continue to get worse.

It's good and all to like who you are. In fact, if you don't, then what would be the point of living? I love my personality, my intelligence, my charm, but when it comes to my health, body, and physical fitness, I could be doing a hell of a lot better.

I think that it's making the distinction between what you are and what you can change. I think many people have the train of thought "I am fat. Fat is disgusting. Therefore I am disgusting." Rather than saying "I am me, skinny or fat. I love me, but I need to shed this weight… which is ON me, but is NOT me." Does that make sense?
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    Perfect - Success Is A Choice!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Great post. But I have never gave a flying fig what anyone thought of me. Take me as I am or leave me like you found me!! as my ticker says...just a country girl. :drinker:
  • chrism14
    chrism14 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • stormsilver78
    Options
    aw thanks :)