Haaay! It's Me!!!

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
One of my Pet Peeves is when someone who you do not know well enough to recognize their voice calls and says, "Hey! It's Me!"... Well of course it's YOU, who else would it be? Now who are YOU please :).

I'll even have clients call and say that at work, we do not have caller ID there and being an insurance customer service representative... I only speak to about 2 of my clients frequently enough to recognize their voice on the phone... Am I the only one this irritates?

What are some of you all's pet peeves?

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your phone number right now because I would totally call and say "hey it's me" just to mess with you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jr1985
    Options
    I wish I had your phone number right now because I would totally call and say "hey it's me" just to mess with you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ha that would be funny :tongue:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    LOL I do that all the time when I call my friends, ha ha. When leaving messages I say Hey it's just me, call me back. Ha ha.
  • Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm a pharmacy tech... I have people call all the time and just say "Hi, I need to get my prescription refilled" and they stop... nothing more. So I try to be nice, "Okay, and what is the birth date?" and try to guess once the list of people with that birthday pop up on my computer.
    Also, when people drive up to the drive thru, "Is my wife's/husband's prescription done yet?" OK... Who is your wife/husband?
    I need a button that says "My psychic abilities are not working today"
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Working in food services. It's not that bad in general. But half the time people ask silly/nonspecific questions.

"Hi, can I get a coffee?" This is Tim Hortons you knob of course you can get coffee. Size/dressings!?!

Also, it irks me unecessarily when people post message boards saying "Has anyone else had this?" regarding something really common. "I've lost 5lbs! Has this happened to anyone else!!??" ... um...yes? Just ask whom it's happened to. "Looking for others who have also had/done/experienced _____" problem solved. I mean, if it's something specific, yeah, ask if anyone else has been in that situation, but....blah. Just annoys me. :P
  • jr1985
    Options
    LOL I do that all the time when I call my friends, ha ha. When leaving messages I say Hey it's just me, call me back. Ha ha.

Haha well it doesn't bother me as much if I actually do know the person well enough to recognize their voice :wink:
  • jr1985
    Options
    I'm a pharmacy tech... I have people call all the time and just say "Hi, I need to get my prescription refilled" and they stop... nothing more. So I try to be nice, "Okay, and what is the birth date?" and try to guess once the list of people with that birthday pop up on my computer.
    Also, when people drive up to the drive thru, "Is my wife's/husband's prescription done yet?" OK... Who is your wife/husband?

Thats funny I'll have to make myself that same button :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Whenever I call and say, "Hello, this is Elizabeth Road, and I need to get a prescription refilled", they take a minute to get to the computer, then they say, "What was your name again?" Or in some cases they transfer me to another person who does the prescription refills, and that person asks for my name.

Also, why do you try to guess their name? Couldn't you just ask?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I answer my cell phone, home phone and work phone all the same way --"This is Mike."

The person on the other end has seconds to identify themselves or I hang up.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    One of my Pet Peeves is when someone who you do not know well enough to recognize their voice calls and says, "Hey! It's Me!"...

You should just reply with "No it's not"
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I am sittin at my desk. Papers all over the place...staring intensely at my computer screen.

Someone walks over to my door...."Hey, you busy?"

"Yes, I'm always busy."
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I love the random solicitation calls. I always ask them what they're wearing. Then tell them I'm home alone. Male or female. Surprisingly, though, that doesn't get rid of all of them.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I love the random solicitation calls. I always ask them what they're wearing. Then tell them I'm home alone. Male or female. Surprisingly, though, that doesn't get rid of all of them.
    ^^^ I am so going to try this! ha ha ha. Maybe it will work with idiots in Ontario :laugh:
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I am so going to try this! ha ha ha. Maybe it will work with idiots in Ontario :laugh:

When I was young and oh so broke, I had a bill collector call me pretty much daily. One day when they called, I acted like I was crying and asked if they were going to call me the next day. The girl replied, "Yes, Miss So&SO, we are going to call you EVERY day until you make the payment!!" I said (through fake tears), "Will you really be calling me EVERY day?" She said "YES, EVERY DAY!!" So..., I said " That is great news! I am so lonely and I have so many health issues, I really could use someone to talk to, do you have a few minutes to let me tell you about my drainage...?" The lady COMPLETELY lost her train of thought and started stammering and told me she would have to let me go "right now". I said, "But you are going to be calling tomorrow, right?" No answer. AND, no calls for a week solid. :bigsmile:
  • jr1985
    Options

When I was young and oh so broke, I had a bill collector call me pretty much daily. One day when they called, I acted like I was crying and asked if they were going to call me the next day. The girl replied, "Yes, Miss So&SO, we are going to call you EVERY day until you make the payment!!" I said (through fake tears), "Will you really be calling me EVERY day?" She said "YES, EVERY DAY!!" So..., I said " That is great news! I am so lonely and I have so many health issues, I really could use someone to talk to, do you have a few minutes to let me tell you about my drainage...?" The lady COMPLETELY lost her train of thought and started stammering and told me she would have to let me go "right now". I said, "But you are going to be calling tomorrow, right?" No answer. AND, no calls for a week solid. :bigsmile:

hahahah you people are brilliant! If only I had the guts for that :)... although negotiations are in place for me to possibly take over phone sales at work... also gives me tricks to look out for. lol