drinking of the over 21 kind lol

Options
ok having a cook out this weekend and im wanting ta get my drink on this is the first ive allowed myself this privilege since i started dieting again i need sum ideas i was thinking soaking sum cherries in liquor then ill get sum fruit for the day lol any other ideas or tricks ? oh and i dont do beer so light beer is outta the question lol

Replies

• BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    shooting some good quality tequila is prolly gonna be about as low cal as you can go. unless you can shoot vodka...ew
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    also the crystal light drink mixes arent bad with alcohol. my mom likes to take a fruit punch in a mug with a few shots of vodka. lol *shakes head*
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Spirits are less calorific or wine spritzers
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Crystal light lemonade (10 cals) with Absolut Ruby Red vodka---OMG soooo good and only about 80 calories per drink (if you make them with 1/2 packet and one ounce/shot of vodka per drink...I tend to make mine stronger so my cal count is a bit higher).
  • kyhall4
    kyhall4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sangria Sparkler

Makes: 12 servings
    750-milliliter bottle dry red wine
    1 cup light orange juice
    1/4 cup brandy or cognac
    1/4 cup orange liqueur
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 medium oranges, sliced
    2 cups club soda, chilled
    Crushed ice and/or orange peel curls (optional)

In a large pitcher, combine wine, orange juice, brandy, orange liqueur, sugar, and orange slices. Chill at least 2 hours. Add club soda before serving. Serve over crushed ice and/or with orange peel curls, if desired.
    Calories: 100 per serving
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Pina Colada Cooler
    1 1/2 ounces coconut-flavored rum
    3 ounces pineapple juice
    4 ounces sparkling water
    1 tablespoon of Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut Lite (found in the drink mixers section of many supermarkets)

Pour ingredients over ice and stir.
    Calories: 165
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Mojito
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1/2 lime
    3 sprigs mint
    1.5 ounces light rum
    soda water

Put the sugar in a highball glass (or any 8-12 ounce glass), squeeze in the juice of 1/2 small lime, and toss in the squeezed lime shell. Add mint sprigs and muddle for a moment. Then add the light rum and handful of ice, and fill with chilled soda water.
    Calories: 122
  • kyhall4
    kyhall4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Or a Bloody Mary :

•1 jigger (1.5 oz or 3 tablespoons) vodka (nutritional analysis uses 80 proof)
    •6 oz tomato juice (or see note)
    •1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh preferred)
    •1/8 teaspoon celery salt
    •2 to 3 drops hot sauce such as Tobasco
    •2 to 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
    •dash pepper (fresh ground preferred)
    •dash horseradish (optional)
    •possible garnishes: lemon wedge, celery stalk

Preparation:

Note: An ounce of tomato juice has slightly over one gram of carbohydrate. Most recipes for Bloody Marys have anywhere from 3 to 6 ounces of tomato juice, so you can cut the 6 ounces in half and still be faithful to the Bloody Mary tradition.

In a tallish glass, mix vodka, tomato juice, and lemon juice. Mix in the flavorings, adjusting to taste. Add ice cubes, and garnish with a celery stalk and/or lemon wedge (additional half a gram of carb each).
    Nutritional Information: Each serving has 7 grams effective carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber, and 129 calories.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Vodka + club soda + any "crystal light" type mix you'd like.
  • misslou7
    misslou7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Firstly, it's drinking of the over 18 kind here! I'd recommend amaretto - with orange and/or cranberry juice it tastes like fruit juice but with a nice warm feeling :o)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    shooting some good quality tequila is prolly gonna be about as low cal as you can go. unless you can shoot vodka...ew

Oh God, shooting Vodka...never, EVER again. My liver is still mad at me about college.

But tequila shots...mmmmm some chilled Patron with salt and lime is outstanding
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    If you love wine come join our Wine Lovers group!!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a free day weekly where I can eat like a government mule while I wallow in booze :drinker:

.....and still lose a pound per week.
    If you're on some crash diet where you don't eat back your exercise calories or allow for a free day, oh well.
    I go a different route - a better route. We have more fun!
    Life is to be lived
  • Othos
    Othos Posts: 33
    Options
    At a bar, try a Gin Ricky in a tall glass:
    - 1 shot of gin (preferably not the house gin)
    - Lots of lime juice
    - Soda water or seltzer water

It's a light, summery drink, it's obscure so you sound hip for knowing about it, and the only real calories are the gin (about 110 calories for the whole drink).
  • iifymlife
    iifymlife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    High grade Vodka (Ketle One or Ciroc, etc) and water with lime

High grade Vodka (Ketle One or Ciroc, etc) mixed with crystal light, you can barely taste the vodka.

It is only 69 calories per shot

As for fruit, take a watermelon, cut a whole in the top of it, put vodka in the watermelon and let it sit for about a day.
    Each watermelon piece is under a 100 calories and depends how much vodka you put in the watermelon.
    They say to use a whole bottle, so do this with some friends, otherwise it will be a ton of calories.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Vodka-Watermelon
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    forget the cals for one fab night and go for the gold "car bombs":drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    rum and diet coke is my go to drink...only about 65 cals.
  • lowry12
    lowry12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you love wine come join our Wine Lovers group!!
    i LOVE wine
  • lowry12
    Options
    so much good advice :) well so far this is wat i got going on ive got cherries and strawberries soaking in he he moonshine ,and watermelon soaking in 3 differant things seperatly of course i got sum in jack daniels kinda taste like the jd coolers, ive got sum in coconut rum which actually is pretty good as well and i also have sum in my favorite moscotti wine
  • lowry12
    Options
    so much good advice :) well so far this is wat i got going on ive got cherries and strawberries soaking in he he moonshine ,and watermelon soaking in 3 differant things seperatly of course i got sum in jack daniels kinda taste like the jd coolers, ive got sum in coconut rum which actually is pretty good as well and i also have sum in my favorite moscotti wine
    was gonna get sum skinny girl wine to but not sure yet cause that stuff is awesum as well
  • lowry12
    Options
    rum and diet coke is my go to drink...only about 65 cals.
    im on a 30 day no soda challenge so anything with soda in it is out
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    diet coke (or any diet or zero cal beverage) and rum (high proof) or vodka (not flavoured) is zero carbs.