• fatpreacher
    Options
    #1 Exercise

#2 eat less at every meal

#3 Fast at least twice a week
  • maybeoneday
    maybeoneday Posts: 42
    Options
    youd beter watch out from icandoit about #3 this sounds like you wont get enuff calorees
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    may i ask why fast?
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't find this to be good advice. Fasting is not part of a healthy diet. You're welcome to provide scientific research if you can find it though.
  • paperstar
    paperstar Posts: 27
    Options
    Even a one day a week fast would be beneficial!:wink: Now if only I could get myself up to it...:ohwell:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    why would u need to fast???
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Even a one day a week fast would be beneficial!:wink: Now if only I could get myself up to it...:ohwell:

Why??????????
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Or...

1. Exercise.

2. Eat healthy whole foods.

3. Pray for a miracle that the chocolate cake you just ate was calorie free.

I would not recommend fasting twice a week. I wouldn't even recommend fasting at all (unless it was for religious purposes).
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Fasting may be beneficial for spiritual matters, but not for diet and physical health. This is not the way to lose weight people. You will lose water, muscle and health not fat. Plus, gain every ounce back once you start eating. BAD idea. #1 and #2 are stellar though :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    #1 Exercise

I totally agree with #1
    Now #2-eat less at every meal, but add in snacks...eat all your calories
    Now #3-I will keep this short....WHY FAST?????? And why in the world at LEAST twice a week:noway: :noway: ?
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    #1 Exercise

I totally agree with #1
    Now #2-eat less at every meal, but add in snacks...eat all your calories
    Now #3-I will keep this short....WHY FAST?????? And why in the world at LEAST twice a week:noway: :noway: ?

I totally agree fasting only confuses your body. Anything you take off fasting, you'll only put back on. It is definitely not the way to go.:noway:
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    fast is not good for your body, it can put some levels out of wack, just eat healthy
  • jgates426
    jgates426 Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, when you fast it makes your body go in starvation mode. Now your body will want to store everything you eat so that it has something for next time you are starving. You should stick to eating several small meals. I have found on this program that I actually fix much larger meals than I did when I was heavier, but use less prepared foods and more fruits and vegies. Anyways, everyone has their own system, but hope you don't stick to the fasting ritual.
  • fi-nz
    fi-nz Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm in agreeance - fasting is great if you're looking to undo all the good work numbers 1 &2 have achieved - also great if you're looking to have a blood sugar crash the next day and take another couple of days to get your body back up to speed so you can exercise to your potential again. Come on people - starvation as an option to a healthier body ???
  • hideandseek
    hideandseek Posts: 47
    Options
    Fasting is awful. I hate fasting because it's so metabolism-slowing, it's done nothing for me in the past three months that I've been struggling with it (and severe calorie restriction.) I even have eating disordered friends who think fasting is the wrong idea, not that THEY'RE the perfect people to go to in any way, but when even the eating disordered hate it, that's got to be some sign.