My first NSV!

Options
cait58
cait58 Posts: 19 Member
...and also my first post in general :)

I'm new to MFP (second week), but I've been so motivated by all of your posts!!

For the past few weeks I've been trying to walk 6 miles 3-5 times per week. I've been doing the C210K plan (Week 4 Day 1), and then just walking the rest until I finish the six mile route. It usually takes me about 95-100 minutes.

I don't know what came over me today, but I decided to amp it up. I would walk a few minutes, then jog a few minutes consistently for the whole route! I finished in just over 75 minutes! It was the best I've ever felt! :)

Today is the first day I've felt running a 10K is going to be totally possible in my (somewhat) near future, and not just some far fetched goal!

Replies

• loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Stay determined and before you know it 10k will be a reality!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, 75-100 minutes is a great work-out...keep it up!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    GREAT NSV! Cheers! :drinker:
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Thats just great!I know how you feel I ran for 10 straight minutes today,I am thrilled!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I start C25K tomorrow, and hope I can do as well :)
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    So awesome! Congratulations!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!!!!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAYHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    hell ya ..that's a huge NSV!..good job!
  • MoYo78
    MoYo78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Stay encouraged and motivated! =)
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great first NSV!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • RunsForFood
    RunsForFood Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thats SO great!!! Just keep doing that and you will be at a 10k in NO time!!
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! :)
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's such a great feeling pushing yourself past a limit you thought you wouldn't reach or atleast not as soon as you did :) Great job girl!
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    ... this is so great! Good on you - you will be signing up for a 10k in no time :smile:

Edited to say : Also meant to say well done for starting with C210K! I started with C25K at the beginning of the year but I had to do it twice before I felt even remotely ready for moving onto the 10K distance. I have completed one 10K training plan and am doing it again (see there is a bit of a pattern there :smile: ) in the hope that I will be able to do an 8K race in August! I think I will have to do the plan again before I will be ready for a 10K race!

You are doing so great to be able to make such an improvement in your time & endurance over such a short period of time! Natural born runner me thinks!!!
  • cait58
    cait58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone!! :heart:

@nikinyx6: You're going to love it! It's the perfect way to get started. I'm sure you'll be amazed at how well you do! Good luck :)

@belle_74: Way to go for sticking with it! You sound like you have awesome endurance and motivation :) Keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!