need help

Options
I have been trying to lose weight this last year and never able to keep with it. The last 3 months I have been working harder and I am doing alright I think. I have lost 25 pounds and I can't tell where it is coming off from. I am not a big person but it sure does look like I am pregnant which im not..but that is where all my fat is. :( what do i do???

Replies

• mnsweetgirl
    mnsweetgirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HOW DO I POST PICTURES??
  • Cassidygriego
    Cassidygriego Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem - I lost 15 lbs but I didn't know where it was coming from! Family/friends seemed to notice weight loss/muscle building, so I didn't worry about it too much. If you do cardio workouts, then that's great. Try to work on toning your abs, by doing different workouts (squats, twists, not crunches). A lot of women think that weight lifting and toning will make them overly muscular, but they don't realize that small weights make you thinner!
    Sorry, not sure how to add pics!
  • mnsweetgirl
    Options
    That helps a little. So sit ups don't work? See my problem is MOST of my fat is in my tummy other wise I am alright every where else. It sucks, i don't mind being bigger but if it was all over and not just the tummy. I will post pictures when I figure it out lol. thank you
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    do a search for "how to post pics" on the forum homepage and it will walk you through it.
    to get rid of the tummy fat i would change your diet as well. cut out grains (bread products, rice, cereal, etc) and burn it off with cardio and 15 mins of abs a day.
  • mnsweetgirl
    Options
    Thank you! I already have changed my diet. I don't eat bread very often...Maybe 2 slices every 2 weeks. When I eat pasta I use to eat a lot but now I eat very little and I try to have a salad before I eat. I stopped drinking pop months ago. I drink a TON of water. I hardly ever eat junk food... I have changed A LOT with my eating habits. I guess I do eat Special K or I eat Life cereal. I am losing weight so I figured it was ok.
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think belly fat is the hardest to get rid of... I have that problem, too. I stopped eating bread about two weeks ago, am on a quite strict regime, do 30 day shred. Jillian says crunches only are not going to help, you need to burn calories overall. I am sure slowly it will come off, I notice some difference, at least I can see my ribcage a bit now:) I try to massage the belly fat every time I take a shower with a shower brush, just to get blood going. Will see in August how it looks.
  • mnsweetgirl
    Options
    I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and do a lot there. I usually burn 250 calories. I need to do other sit ups... i do a few others for the belly. Need to do more i think lol. but I do like 200 a day.. except for the last 2 days. Yea the belly is the hardest. Thats why i need help lol. Plus all 3 of my kids were c-sections and i heard its even harder to get rid of.
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Not advertising.... but have heard that people have had success with this.... not tried it yet.... reading, contemplating the plunge!
    http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose-Weight-Health/dp/1609611543/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311080439&sr=8-1
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration. In the past I have had a ton of problems getting rid of my belly. It has always been where I carry all of my weight. I stopped eating bread except once in a very great while. I started trying to lose weight in May. I didn't get very far over the course of a few weeks. I met with a trainer in June. She advised me to do as many full on situps instead of 300 crunches every day and told me to do cardio and strength straining. There is an ab machine at the gym that I use. I started out only being able to do 11.5 sit ups. I am up to 20 and only do them once a week. I do the ab machine 3 times a week. I have lost a good portion of my belly and 14 pounds total. This is the first time in my life my belly was the first thing to shrink. Also, the sit ups are the only thing I do that I can still feel for a few days afterwards. Maybe this will help you. Best of luck to you!!
  • SheTrucker
    SheTrucker Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes I've heard of the "Wheat Belly" book too and considered it but decided it was impossible for me to cut out carbs like that. As far as your children being delivered c-section, I've also heard that some women's ab muscles have a harder time coming back from pregnancy. Your stomach protruding may not even be as much fat as your stomach muscles separating to accomodate the growing baby and growing back that way instead of shrinking and regaining size and shape. Food for thought lol
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Good point about the c-section.

And yes, the Wheat Belly diet is very restrictive.... thus the contemplation and not starting it :wink:
  • mnsweetgirl
    Options
    I am kinda confused about the ab muscle thing. LOL
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    250 calories is a great start for a work out, but maybe try burning a little bit more. i bought a HRM and ever since then i've been burning 500+ calories in 1 hour because i'm always trying to beat my last burn. if you work out for a full hour doing cardio you should burn 500 easy. i think this will really help you burn some of that extra tummy fat.
  • mnsweetgirl
    Options
    Even with the belly fat?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!