New and looking for low carb girlfriends!

Options
Hello, my name is Fran and I´m new to the MFP. I started 2 days ago a low carb plan, nothing specific (not Atkins, SBD, Dukan or any of those) but just limit my carb intake to under 30 grams net and eat according to my Dr´s. plan. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and insulin resistance so was advised to eat low carb and to loss weight ASAP.
I live in Spain so my first language is spanish and my english is not the best, so sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes!
I hope to make some low carb female friends (no boys sorry, it`s just what we agreed with my boyfriend.. no girl friends for him, no boys for me) so we can exchange information, recipes, and just cheer ourselves up! You can add me if you wish!!!
My stats are:
Height: 5`7 (1.70 mts)
SW: 169
GW: 120

Ahhh I`ve been a lurker here for some time and have realized there´s a lot of people who disapprove low carb, please avoid negative comments on my plan just based on the fact it´s low carb!!!

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm not specifically low carb but I aim to get less that 40% of my calories from carbs.

If you'd like to add me, please do!
  • galnat88
    galnat88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, low carb seems to be the only thing that works for me!
  • jennifer0626
    jennifer0626 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am going to start low carb to support my husband and help with weight loss.
  • excalibur119
    Options
    Hi!
    I am starting low carb today and seeing how that works...I also have borderline hypothyrodism. Sending you a friend request!

Tammy
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have low thyroid too! I don't eat low carb but I try to eat pretty "clean." I think that everybody has different needs and I know that what works for some, just won't work for others. I'm sending you a friend request. :)
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    low carb here.. feel free to add me
  • cmwash13
    cmwash13 Posts: 14
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Cocolatte30
    Cocolatte30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm looking to do low carb myself. I started cutting back a bit. I'm sending u a friend request.
  • imullmau
    Options
    Hi, I just started today, am hypothyroid and also need to watch my sugars due to insulin resistance. I am 58 years old, and want to loose 15 pounds for my daughters wedding. I may be slow to start until I get the hang of it and log my food groups and meals but hope to be a good member. Please add me if you want.