I ran a whole mile non-stop today!

Options
HeatherDee92
HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
I was 2 laps in and wanted to walk but I pushed myself. I was three laps in and was thinking well I could run 4 laps tomorrow... And then before I knew it I was on my fourth lap around the track and though it wasn't an intense fast run, I ran that bad boy! I felt so great when I was finished I wanted to jump up and down and yell!! I was so proud of myself, because just a little under 2 weeks ago I first stepped foot on the track and I felt like I couldn't even run one lap!

13 minute mile :) avg 4.6 mph.

Replies

• mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Way to push yourself through it! Great job!!
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You're my inspiration! Today was my first jog/run and it was a 16 minute mile. :huh:

I hope that in a few weeks I'll have the endurance you have! :bigsmile:

You rock! :flowerforyou:
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    That is really great. I dont think I could do it.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Way to push through and stick with it!
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I felt so great when I was finished I wanted to jump up and down and yell!!

Do it - When you push yourself through those barriers, mental and/or physical, you deserve to celebrate it!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A 13 minute mile is awesome for a first time! I bet it felt amazing!!!
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Good job! Sometimes these NSVs are the best!
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    Options
    I was 2 laps in and wanted to walk but I pushed myself. I was three laps in and was thinking well I could run 4 laps tomorrow... And then before I knew it I was on my fourth lap around the track and though it wasn't an intense fast run, I ran that bad boy! I felt so great when I was finished I wanted to jump up and down and yell!! I was so proud of myself, because just a little under 2 weeks ago I first stepped foot on the track and I felt like I couldn't even run one lap!

13 minute mile :) avg 4.6 mph.

Great job!
  • TiredandReadyForLoss
    TiredandReadyForLoss Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    inspiring!! Great job; keep it up!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!!

Be sure to do a good stretch after. You really pushed yourself!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, and way to push yourself! It's all mind over body :flowerforyou:
  • xtrordinari
    Options
    That is awesome, congrats!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your awesome accomplishment! Soon you'll be hitting the 2nd mile then the 3rd, 4th and so on! Running becomes surprisingly addictive once you realize what you're capable of!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I remember when I coudln't run a mile. then thought "if i really wanted to do it, could I?" and i got on the tread & ran so flippin slow, but who cares! I can totally relate to your excitement. congrats. when you feel like stopping at 1 mile, ask yourself i you are stopping, b/c you said you only wanted to run 1 mile... are you bored? tired, etc? when i realized I was stopping at 1 mile b/c i said i woudl do 1 mile, i decided to try to run back to the beginning of the trail & I did 2 miles. good luck!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! I remember that feeling, enjoy it!! You should jump up and down and yell, that's an awesome accomplishment. Way to push through, because that last 10-15 minutes of your work out is all mental, you just have to tell yourself you can do it! And you DID IT!!! YAY!!! :bigsmile:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • TiredandReadyForLoss
    TiredandReadyForLoss Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You're my inspiration! Today was my first jog/run and it was a 16 minute mile. :huh:

I hope that in a few weeks I'll have the endurance you have! :bigsmile:

You rock! :flowerforyou:

You will do it!!!!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job. Good for you!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!