A good tip to stop you snacking on bad stuff..

Options
Ok so this might not work for everyone but it does for me.. if i am at home or at work bored and those snacking sugar demons sneak up on me a good way to test if i am really hungry is to think 'ok I can snack as long as its healthy - i.e carrot sticks' .. if i dont want to eat the carrot sticks i know that i am not hungry ..

Make sense?

Replies

• Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Thats quite brilliant.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    YES brilliant!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    thanks !
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Wonderful perspective!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    That totally makes sense...Sometimes the answers are so simple & obvious but we just make them way harder than they have to be...I am really guilty of that one...Thanks for the tip...So true!! :)
  • Dayna5K
    Dayna5K Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've used a similar technique for myself. Turns out I usually don't want the healthy alternative, thus not really hungry. I'm just bored or avoiding some sort of conflict or emotion that I need to deal with.
  • Desika87
    Desika87 Posts: 111
    Options
    I started to drink still water with a slice of lime or cucumber in it... tastes great and during summer I'm often into "snacking" due to the hot and somhow humid weather...
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I love this. I've started doing it with snacks and mealtimes, recently. If I'm in the kitchen foraging around, and I ask myself, okay, there's salad or soup that you can have, and my answer is, nah, I don't want that, then I know I'm not actually hungry, just bored or tired, etc., and it's time to leave the kitchen.

Thanks for posting!
  • daniela_dimech
    Options
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I do this as well. Its a great tip! Thanks for sharing!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I always brush my teeth when I want to snack of sugary things. No one wants to eat after the brush LOL
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'll do that or I'll tell myself to wait it out ten fifteen minutes and if I'm STILL craving that snack then I'll go and get it. Most of the time it passes.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    so nice to have lots of positive responses! feel free to add me to continue sharing our healthy tips!
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is a pretty good idea :)
  • etremoi53
    etremoi53 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good tip. I will remember it.