This helped me start exercising. I hope it helps you.

Options
A month ago my doctor told me I need to start working out 30 minutes a day. I said OK. Instead I only worked out 10 minutes every other day.
Thanks to the motivation I have gotten on here, I made up my mind that it was going to be a 30 minute workout, if not more. So this is what I did.
I have Net Flix (though you dont have to have this). I would put on one of my favorite movies or shows that last at least 40 minutes. I put on my Nikes before my movie starts and do a little stretching. Then I will jog in place, walk in place at a fast pace. As long as I am moving I know I am burning calories. When my show is over, I do a cool down. I feel fabulous. this has helped me more than the walking videos I have purchased.
I hope this will help those of you that dont feel like exercising.
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Wanda

Replies

• tabithap07
    tabithap07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i do this on my elliptical too!! it really is great helps keep your mind off of things!
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    I do that, too! :happy:
  • am0206089
    am0206089 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing too with the Elliptical!!! By the time i know i'm done with my workout and go to the next one :)
  • msuzie
    msuzie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing on the treadmill! Episodes of Doctor Who, Torchwood, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, they all get me through.
  • Deidre33
    Deidre33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR POSTING THIS...I USE THOSE WALK DVD'S AT HOME... I WILL TRY THIS TO NIGHT AND SEE IF IT BREAKS UP THE PACE FOR ME :)
  • vtpixie
    vtpixie Posts: 39
    Options
    A month ago my doctor told me I need to start working out 30 minutes a day. I said OK. Instead I only worked out 10 minutes every other day.
    Thanks to the motivation I have gotten on here, I made up my mind that it was going to be a 30 minute workout, if not more. So this is what I did.
    I have Net Flix (though you dont have to have this). I would put on one of my favorite movies or shows that last at least 40 minutes. I put on my Nikes before my movie starts and do a little stretching. Then I will jog in place, walk in place at a fast pace. As long as I am moving I know I am burning calories. When my show is over, I do a cool down. I feel fabulous. this has helped me more than the walking videos I have purchased.
    I hope this will help those of you that dont feel like exercising.
    WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
    Wanda

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try to do this plus crunches, lift weights, etc. as well.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have also used a stationary bike in front of a favorite show and sometimes i put my step, (from step aerobics) in the living room and use that while watching TV.
    My brother got good results doing crunches and weight training during commercials. He keeps weights on the coffee table and "pays" for his TV time by using each commercial to exercise, and it really adds up! His abs look much better.
    Its a good way to get things started.
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do this when I'm doing a yoga or stretching dvd on my laptop. just place the laptop by the tv and watch my show...before I know it, it's over, and so is my workout!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    My treadmill faces our flat screen, so i'll put the Closed Captioning on, and listen to my playlists on my iPhone. Been doing this for about 6 years now.