Protein Bars???

Options
Anyone know of a good protein bar that is high in protein but low in calories. One that will allow me to gain muscle mass and still lose weight. Also nut free would be ideal due to a nut allergy.

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You can't gain muscle mass and lose weight at the same time. Gaining muscle mass requires a calorie surplus, losing weight requires a calorie deficit. It's like trying to drive forward and backward at the same time.
  • Rwiersema41
    Rwiersema41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I got to disagree with you. If your protein is high enough then you will continue to maintain or possibly gain muscle mass. If your calories are low enough then you can lose fat. I am living proof that you can do both... I just dropped 15 lbs in the last few weeks while increasing my bench press, squat and dead lift...
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I got to disagree with you. If your protein is high enough then you will continue to maintain or possibly gain muscle mass. If your calories are low enough then you can lose fat. I am living proof that you can do both... I just dropped 15 lbs in the last few weeks while increasing my bench press, squat and dead lift...

ummmm. you realise gaining strength and gaining muscle mass are not the same thing right?

Eat as much protein as you like, you will not increase muscle mass in a calorie deficit. (unless you are drug assisted or a total newb who has never touched a weight)

As for your original question, most protein bars are junk, avoid them.

Make your own at home, then at least you can control the macros/ingredients yourself.