what to eat on South Beach Diet

Options
Im on PHASE 1 and need some ides on what to eat... :/ like meal wise.. any ideas??!!

Replies

• davidantell
    Options
    I hated that part but it really worked. I ate a bunch of hard boiled egg whites, tuna and turkey breast. My burbs where horrible. But my first go around I lost about 40 pounds. This time I am going for my last 40 pounds which means harder workouts and more healthy eating. No wine, ugh.
    David
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Check your local library for the cookbook. My favorite recipe is the pistacio crusted chicken salad. You basiclly gring up some pistacios and coat a chicken breast on it. Then you sear it in olive oil and bake it. I can't remember the temps or times. The dressing is just avacado mixed with some lemon and something else. It is really good! Sorry I don't have more details for you. But look for the cookbook, it is full of great recipes.
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You should get bumblebee tuna lemon pepper flavor, wrap that in leaves of romaine, mmmm so good! I ate a lot of eggs during this time any way I could eat them and vegetable soup.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I was getting pretty sick of eggs but I love tuna and I really liked the celery studded with Laughing Cow lite and the Ricotta cheese desserts. Chicken breast with asparagus is another good one.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    If you have the South Beach book, at the back there are a ton of recipes and all of the marinades are amazing. If you don't have the book, the basic idea is to use olive oil, vinegar, and spices to marinate just about any meat. I still use the same basic idea to marinate things, even though I don't do South Beach. Roasted veggies are a big help in Phase 1 -- I'm pretty sure you can eat cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini and yellow squash and they are all good roasted (or sauteed). I also used to eat a lot of sugar free jello to help my cravings for sweets.

Stir fry meals are good too. Get a bag of frozen stir fry veggies and sautee it with some soy sauce or whatever spices sound good to you. I like it with some slices of chicken breast or lean beef on top. (And on Phase 2, this is good with brown rice too.)
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I go to college and live on campus...and my library doesnt have the book! lame. And im also too broke to buy it haha. So that was why i asked for ideas :)) thanks again!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I just checked half.com and they've got the book listed for .75 plus shipping. It's definitely worth it to have the book since it explains all of the foods you can and can't eat on each phase. I think it would have been very difficult to do South Beach without the book. Good luck!
  • kallio
    kallio Posts: 70
    Options
    The hardest part for me was all the freaking eggs! You can search online for a lot of the recipes too. Good luck- it isn't easy to stick to.!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Try this link: http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/recipecollection.html

When you click on the recipe, it tells you what phase it's for.