Ahhhh, nooooo!

Options
I joined Fitness 19 a few months ago, but the closest one is about 10-15 minutes from my house so I hit it on my way home from work (kinda out of the way tho). Not too far, but when you don't want to go anyway, being any distance from home is annoying.

Yesterday we saw that they are putting in a Planet Fitness RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD FROM US. We could literally walk there. Arg, I am so mad. We don't have a contract at our gym, but we would basically be out the $170 we put down if we cancel now and go to the closer one. :grumble:

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Continue working at your current gym until you feel you've gotten $175 worth out of it, and then convert to the new one :)

Way to go on making the commitment to hit the gym, even with it being inconveniently out of the way.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Continue working at your current gym until you feel you've gotten $175 worth out of it, and then convert to the new one :)

Way to go on making the commitment to hit the gym, even with it being inconveniently out of the way.

That's what I figure I will do, but it will probably be like a year before we get our money's worth. :grumble:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Well... if you pay $5 for a cheeseburger, and it's 500 cals, and it takes you an hour to burn off those 500 cals (figure run long enough to burn the 500 you ate, and another 500 to really put it behind you), then you would only need to keep going to that particular gym for another 35 hours *grin*
    (35 x $5 = $175)
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :flowerforyou:
  • charlo2010
    Options
    I say make the jump! If you aren't going to your current gym, then you're just wasting the money anyway!
    Join the new one, and make the commitment to GO! You'll find that the end result is worth it and will 'earn' that difference by going more often. Best of Luck - you can do it!
  • yvonneh
    Options
    Charlo2010 has a good point. Plus factor in the cost of gas and what your time is worth hourly.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I say make the jump! If you aren't going to your current gym, then you're just wasting the money anyway!
    Join the new one, and make the commitment to GO! You'll find that the end result is worth it and will 'earn' that difference by going more often. Best of Luck - you can do it!

No I do go to my current one....I'm just lazy and hate to drive. The other one is really only like 10 minutes away, but it's just so frustrating knowing there is one going in right down the street.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    The time in the car is why I don't go to gym's anymore.