Favourite quinoa salad for BBQ?

Options
jillomahony
jillomahony Posts: 23 Member
Going to a BBQ this weekend, thrown by a fabulous Brazilian girl and I want to bring something yummy and healthy to eat so I don't go nuts on the meat and Brazilian sweets! So hit me with your best quinoa based salads, please!!

Replies

• JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I recently had a great Quinoa salad with beets, grape tomatoes, avocado, red onion, wild arugula, parsley, almonds, mint, scallions, and vinaigrette. It's all cold, so its great to go with BBQ!
  • jillomahony
    jillomahony Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds good and colourful too!
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    the Martha Stewart web site has a quinoa and toasted almond salad it is delish and bbq worthy.She calls for fresh thyme but I substitute fresh mint and quite a bit of it. This is one of my staples. I use it as a side dish. or a main course to take to work.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Quinoa can be substituted for pasta in any salad you like.
  • woozer1985
    Options
    This is not a salad but had to share: http://www.cookingquinoa.net/stuffed-poblano-peppers
    She has a lot of amazing salads as well, such as her greek quinoa salad. Tons of flavor and super healthy!
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i chop up cucumber, red pepper, kalamata olives and feta. Mix it all into the cooked (and cooled) quinoa with a healthy balsamic dressing.
    Like a greek quinoa salad. Easy and yummy.
  • livelongmama
    livelongmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There is an awesome quinoa chickpea salad in a cookbook called Appetite for Reduction. It has quinoa (cooled), Romaine lettuce, chickpeas, red onion all tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette (homemade option is delicious, but store bought would do). It is so good, I could eat it everyday. I plan to try it with other additions like sliced cucumbers and carrots (slender peels). It is one of those very adaptable recipes. Have fun!
  • lstockham39
    lstockham39 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump