Carb Sensitivity ***

Options
Acliff510
Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
I get gut aches just right below my rib cage after eating and drinking sometimes. does anyone else have an issue like this?!?! I tend to always blame it on carb sensitivity since I have PCOS.

I am having one now (a gut ache) and this is what I've had to eat today ...

*Approx 16 oz of water while on my way to work

*Breakfast burrito
Mission toritlla
hard boiled egg
3 slices of honey turkey
slice of 2% cheese
taco sauce

*Cup of coffee
w/ french vanilla creamer

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Replies

• Acliff510
    Options
    *bump*
  • riding2horses
    Options
    Try a gasX. No not be smart...but it sometime bothers me too and this fixes it.
  • Acliff510
    Options

Ya, maybe I should! thanks for your honesty. Maybe I just need to realize that I'm getting older and having babies does things to my body that I just need to deal with!! LOL
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Have you had your gallbladder checked? Sounds a lot like when I had gallstones (it's not just an old people ailment lol) and has nothing to do with 'carb sensitivity'.
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Maybe it's the creamer?

I can't drink coffee with too much creamer. I'll have an ache for days! ):
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

Ya, maybe I should! thanks for your honesty. Maybe I just need to realize that I'm getting older and having babies does things to my body that I just need to deal with!! LOL

I have the same issue. gasX helps as does beano. I try to limit my carbs but that's not easy. For me it is more of a grain issue, not carbs in general. Good luck to you!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    it could also be that you are gluten intolerant. you should discuss this with your doctor!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Is there a chance you are having gall bladder issues?

That's a lot of processed foods, if you normally eat those foods and this is a new thing then again it could be your gall bladder. If you've always had this pain then you will have to experiment with taking them out of your diet selectively to see if you can find the culprit.

With my PCOS I am extremely sensitive to caffeine and when I do have coffee it irritates my cycts and causes me pain. No coffee no pain so I know for sure it's the cause.
  • mburger84
    mburger84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i agree with getting your gallbladder checked out and or food allergies / intolerance. dairy and gluten are huge. I had similar issues, had my gallbladder out and cut out dairy and now have no issues
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sounds like gall badder......
  • kbrooks323
    kbrooks323 Posts: 22
    Options
    Try going gluten-free for two weeks and see how you feel. A friend of mine was having the same types of issues, she was in a lot of pain. She tried cutting out gluten and she feels great! A lot of people don't test positive for gluten allergies but they still can be intolerant.

I've been going gluten-free just to see how it makes me feel and it's surprisingly a lot easier than you'd think. It can't hurt to try!

Good luck.
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Gluten and dairy do it to me. I really have to limit both.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    The vanilla creamer in your coffee might also be a trigger. Most of those creamers have artificial sweeteners and they do something nasty to my stomach. A splash of milk with a teaspoon of sugar is better.
  • Acliff510
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. FINALLY broke down and went to the Dr. and turns out I have a pretty serious stomach infection called H-Pylori.

I'm on 3 antibiotics which comes to 8 pills a day for 10 days!!

I am glad that I'm not crazy and appreciative of your support