1 year and 45.4 pounds later... finally feeling beautiful

Options
BEFORE: (5'6" and 180ish pounds) Summer 2011

5YSRi.jpg
nWASP.jpg

Not the best pictures, but I was in denial. I'd delete every terrible picture of me (which was most) and just dismiss it as a fluke. Around Spring of 2011 I realized that things had to start changing. I wanted to feel beautiful and confident for the first time in my life.

AFTER (135 pounds) Summer 2012

Emn4q.jpg
SGxQx.jpg

Aaand here I am! 5 pounds from my goal and finally comfortable in my own skin. I'm no longer hiding any part of my body (well except for maybe my stomach) and have been getting compliments like crazy. It seems so surreal that my journey is almost done, but I know that lots of toning lies ahead in my future.

STICK WITH IT, GUYS! You CAN have cheat days. I don't know how many times I ate teriyaki or ice cream over the course of this process!!! DON'T deprive yourselves just indulge occasionally and KEEP WITH IT! Oh and track every bite you eat just so you can hold yourself accountable!

Edit: I ate around 1300 calories/day and honestly worked out only once or twice a work doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I would say most of my weight loss came as a result of just watching what I ate!

Replies

• 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    BEFORE: (5'6" and 180ish pounds) Summer 2011

5YSRi.jpg
    nWASP.jpg

Not the best pictures, but I was in denial. I'd delete every terrible picture of me (which was most) and just dismiss it as a fluke. Around Spring of 2011 I realized that things had to start changing. I wanted to feel beautiful and confident for the first time in my life.

AFTER (135 pounds) Summer 2012

Emn4q.jpg
    SGxQx.jpg

Aaand here I am! 5 pounds from my goal and finally comfortable in my own skin. I'm no longer hiding any part of my body (well except for maybe my stomach) and have been getting compliments like crazy. It seems so surreal that my journey is almost done, but I know that lots of toning lies ahead in my future.

STICK WITH IT, GUYS! You CAN have cheat days. I don't know how many times I ate teriyaki or ice cream over the course of this process!!! DON'T deprive yourselves just indulge occasionally and KEEP WITH IT! Oh and track every bite you eat just so you can hold yourself accountable!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    u just look so gorgeous keep it up u did the right thing im really proud of u
    such a good effort :)))
  • kristengeorgia
    Options
    thank you so much! it all seems so worth it now!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You look great! And so happy!
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    you look amazing, pretty in before and after photos bit can see more of a shine in your face in the after ones! well done!
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    You look GREAT :D Very inspirational!
  • rhe280
    rhe280 Posts: 71
    Options
    well done you look amazing!
  • brandileah111
    brandileah111 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You look so happy and beautiful! Great job! :-)
  • edd43
    edd43 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have close to the same goals. Thanks for the inspiration! Needed that today :smile:
  • day187
    day187 Posts: 2
    Options
    Looking good well done X
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Congratulations girl! You are a gorgeous girl! Way to go on your success!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I'm so glad you're feeling better about being you. =)
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    you are beautiful. great work!!
  • fervc60
    fervc60 Posts: 70
    Options
    Wow.
  • JoannaLouden
    JoannaLouden Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you were drop dead gorgeous BEFORE and you are STILL drop dead gorgeous. Congrats on the weight loss, and thank you for sharing your success with us! I may have to get my JM 3DS dvd back out! :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    you look great!

...can you explain the tree sweater?
  • kristengeorgia
    Options
    thank you! & I wish I could.... I live in chilly Washington if that explains anything?
  • xiaxiong09
    xiaxiong09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW!! You look AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing!! Keep going! =]
  • FinsUpBindy
    FinsUpBindy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you look great! I have the around the same stats as you but i'm stuck in a rut :( Hopefully i can get down to your size now! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!