Re-Motivating Myself! 5'5" and 26lbs gone :)

Options
Hi, yall!

I was one of those people who swore I'd wait to post until I hit my ultimate goal, if at all. However, I've been struggling the past few weeks with a very busy (and very fun) summer schedule full of parties and vacations, and "feeling fat" (as I've been often saying to my boyfriend these days, much to his dismay). I had to go to the doctor this Monday and dreaded getting on the scale, but there it was - I had lost another 5 pounds, even through this month and a half of less than perfect effort. I had surpassed my half way mark by 3 pounds (losing 26 pounds), and only have 20 more to go until I'm at my ultimate goal! I knew this was something I had to celebrate (yay!) and hold myself accountable for, and what better way to do it than to go straight to all of you who keep me going - my wonderful MFP family!

Now, what all of you want - a little bit on how I've done it so far, and then PICTURES!

MFP has me set at 1200 cals/day, and I try to eat around that each day. I base my goals weekly, though, because I know I have some days I'll eat a little more and not be able to exercise as much as others. If I happen to go over by 500cals on Date Night, I'm sure to make up for those cals other days that week. I eat basically whatever I want, but keep it in my calorie goal. That being said, I've always been a pretty healthy eater, so I eat LOTS of vegetables and fruit, almost all lean meat, and almost all whole grains. But if I want ice cream, I have ice cream, and I don't have to feel badly about it! :) I also drink a ton of water! Rarely under 14 cups a day, and very little soda (always diet if I do) or other things.

Exercise wise - I LOVE being active! I walk about 1.3miles total to/from work every weekday. I do 45-70 mins of cardio AT LEAST 4 days a week, but usually 5 or 6. (I run - thanks to c25k! - and use the elliptical to "cool down" sometimes - even though I put just as much intensity into that.) I also weight train, mostly my arms because they need the most work, at least three times a week. My "rest days" usually consist of a less difficult run with my boyfriend, a long walk, or some kind of sports activity like kickball, football, swimming, or day drinking ;)

I wouldn't say I have it all figured out yet, and I'm FAR from perfect, but I think I'm doing pretty well so far! Starting weight was between 186-190 (never got on a scale or really took pictures, as you can see). Current weight is 160. My goal is 140.

THANK YOU ALL for your continued support, and GOOD LUCK to those of you beginning this journey!!! :)

bj7r84.jpg

2djweg6.jpg

209hmqc.jpg

Replies

• Annafly3
    Annafly3 Posts: 63
    Options
    congrats ! awesome job well done!
  • Ariana120689
    Ariana120689 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! :wink: Keep up the good work Ashlie! You will get there.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options

This guy, right here ^ is one of the BEST supporters EVER! Seriously! :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    you're awesome!!! sooooo happy to have you on here, and SO proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Way to go! You should be super proud of yourself! You look great! So inspiring :)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    you're awesome!!! sooooo happy to have you on here, and SO proud of you! :flowerforyou:

Her, too! She's awesome! :)

And thank all of you very much! <3
  • JoannaLouden
    JoannaLouden Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done!! You look great!
  • drlauram
    drlauram Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing to review your progress and re-boost your motivation! You are doing great and should feel very proud of yourself!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - keep up the great job!!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Thanks very much! :)
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    Very motivational, thank you!!!!! You look SO good :)
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great job, looking good. Thanks for your motivation .
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! :)
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    You are stunning!!!!!!! You go girlfriend!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    You're much too sweet! Thank you! :)
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

I just saw this, you make me blush,:blushing: but I only have quality friends...so it works!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look great!:flowerforyou:

I'm the same height and have about the same to lose. If you want another buddy, add me!
  • ashlielinn
    Options

I just saw this, you make me blush,:blushing: but I only have quality friends...so it works!

I only speak the truth! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!