permission to kick me in the butt...

Options
I am nearing falling off the wagon... I have been off track for the past 3 days and am having a hard time jumping back into the weightloss thing. Please give me the kick in the butt I need. I know I need to eat fewer calories than I exert I just haven't wanted to do it and am getting tired of having to constantly be conscious of my food intake.... err..... Thanks in advance for giving me the kick I need.

Replies

• gin_rei
    gin_rei Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just remember how much you want to succeed in this. Think about how pissed you're going to be at yourself next week or next month when you realized you've backslided. I just keep reminding myself that this is a finite project. If I keep at it, and barrel on through the uninspired times, eventually I'll be done. We'll be done. Just keep at it. Good luck.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Ditto to gin rei's comment. If you dont get back on track now you will have fallen further back and its like dominos they just keep falling. You can do it and when you get to the finish line you wont have to think about everything because it will come to you second hand. YOU CAN DO IT (accompanyed by a shift and mighhty boot to the rear):flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Use the last 3 days to your advantage. Think about how you feel, physically and mentally- probably a little bit more like this --->:sick: than the days you eat really well. Sometimes being off track for 1 meal, 1 day or 1 week can actually help because it shows you what you DON'T want to feel like and makes you less likely to do it again.

For me, even when I'm really struggling, and struggling is my middle name lately:ohwell: , I know that if I can get just 1 good day under my belt it's suddenly 'easier' and 1 day leads to 2, to 3, etc. You can do this! You wouldn't be reaching out for help if you didn't truly care, and want to succeed... remember that, and don't over-think about it or stress yourself out- that only makes it worse.

Game on, girl! :flowerforyou:
  • jessicasager
    Options
    you should remember that this is a lifestyle change. you're changing the way you live, so there shouldn't be an option of a bandwagon at all. remember you started this for a reason, you owe it to yourself to keep going. we're all in this together, and we understand what you're going though. just think about how glad you'll be 6 months from now after you've stayed on track. good luck to you!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm going to offer myself up here as a cautionary tale. Almost 1 year ago I had a few weeks like you're describing: I'd have a few days in a row of just not keeping with the program and feeling annoyed and letting things slide a little. Then by the end of about 5 days I'd haul my motivation back into the foreground but find that a number of days later I'd be back to feeling unmotivated. Well, despite the first 2 months of this year being positive, I just kept letting myself slack off more and more and this calendar year I have gained TWENTY lbs back that I fought SO HARD to lose last year. Sure, I still have the other 35lbs I'd lost, which is good, but I can honestly tell you that it is FRIGHTENINGLY easy for weight to creep back on and suddenly add up to more than you can believe. I think I've had my wake-up call to the dangers of this pattern but I can tell you that the feeling of depression and anger that comes with realizing that so much hard won success was allowed to falter is NOT WORTH ANYTHING that can go into your mouth or slack off with your work outs or whatever the trigger is for you. Don't be like me. While last year I had huge success in losing 55lbs, this whole year I've been "trying" and all I've lost is 10 months of my time. The time passes whether you're meeting your goals or not, so MEET YOUR GOALS. It is BEYOND worth it!!!!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way! New Year's is just around the corner, and while most people will be setting their New Year's resolution to lose weight - you will have already have a one month head start if u keep it up now and don't give up!
  • joa827
    joa827 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you! You are all soooooo helpful!!! Something each one of you said really hit me in a good way!

Thanks so much! I am off to make to day a good day!!!